The Story of Dad | Teen Ink

The Story of Dad

December 1, 2014
By CynthiaBVB BRONZE, Shippenville, Pennsylvania
CynthiaBVB BRONZE, Shippenville, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone." -Andy Biersack


"Mom, I'm fifteen can you please tell me how you met dad? I'm mature enough, I really want to know."  "I suppose sweetheart," sighs, "Well,... About a month after my break up, with whom I believed was my "happily ever after", the last words Drew said still rang throughout my ears "I got a new girl now you fat hog!" Those cruel words sent me into a health junkie overdrive. I just finished my daily workout at the gym downtown, my weight loss was bordering the edge of unhealthy. After my extremely long day and torturous series of exercises, my depression from my ex-boyfriends neglect started to drowned out all my senses. I walked out of the gym after some small talk with some fellow gym-goers and, that stupid idiot was swarming my mind. I began to walk down the street in the rain. Tears flooded my eyes, but no one walking nearby could see them through the rain.
  I was getting sick off the sadness that worthless Andrew caused me, so I walked into the small tavern that was down the street. My eyes skim over the bar stools looking for an unaccompanied seat. The small cliche southern style bar was surprisingly packed for a Tuesday evening, and there was only one chair left. I walk over to the empty seat. I could feel the men's eyes try to pierce through my clothes, I muttered "perverted pigs" over my shoulder as I sat down. I waved towards the bartender, "Twisted Tea please." The bartender,my close friend Lyra, opened my tea and sat it down infront of me, I took a sip. "How've you been Honey? Haven't seen ya' in a while." I smirked, putting down my drink, "I guess I've been alright. Remember that Drew guy I was with for a while?" Lyra nodded as she wiped down the counter. "I can't seem to get that jerk off my mind. It's so depressing." I said to Lyra, my head hanging low. "Honey," Lyra said softly. "he ain't worth your tears." I looked up at her and we smiled at eachother. Lyra returned to her work. I took another sip of my tea.
The guys sitting next to me were laughing and bragging about their athletic abillity. I laughed quietly as I watched one of them mimmick their free throw shot. The guy that was sitting next to me with his back towards me started talking about golf. He swung his arm around pretending it was his club but, instead of hitting his imaginary golf ball, he hit my tea and it splashed all over my tank top. I stood up shocked and cold, trying to wipe my drink off of my shirt. I fanned out my tank top as if it were to dry. Once he realized what he had done, he looked at me and started apologizing. " I am so so sorry Miss., I'll buy you another drink," he said in a deep surprisingly sexy voice. I had another drink infront of me before I could say another word. I looked up at this tall semi-muscular, black-haired, blue-eyed rocker dude. "Oh, um yea, no harm done, and uh thanks for the uh drink."I stuttered. He laughed and said, "I guess I forgot to yell fore,huh?" I also laughed at his corny joke. "What's your name?"he asked. "Emily, what's yours?" I asked in my faint quiet voice. I bet he could totally tell how attractive I thought he was. He smiled, shook my hand and said "I'm Vic, nice to meet you Emily." He had such a strong grip I hoped he would never let go of my hand. "Uh yea nice to meet you too. " He looked back over at his friends, then back at me and said, "Well, sorry again. Maybe I'll see you later sometime?" I could feel my face turn bright red. "Um yea, sure." "Great." He smiled and turned back to his friends. I was suddenly able to breathe again.
Within the next few hours I kept Lyra quite busy, drink after drink. After a while, my vision became somewhat hazey. I walked up to the juke box, put my money in and, selected the combination C4. Avenged Sevenfold's Hail to the King began to ring throughout the bar. Lyra and I began dancing while she was on break. We had the attention of everyone in the tavern, but while we were dancing my eyes were locked with Vic's. I could feel his eyes follow my every move. I became very lightheaded, I sat down, and I passed out. I woke up in an extravegant apartment with vermillion velvet curtains. I sat up, a cold wash cloth fell from my forehead to my lap. I looked around, confused, and unable to recognize my current location. Vic walked out of a lighted room around the corner,"Coffee?", he handed me a pipping hot cup with a picture of Santa Clause on the side. "Thanks," I take a sip,"How'd I get here?"
"You had a little too much to drink,"he said,"You passed out, and I figured I owed you one after my par fore." We laughed together, smiling at eachother. "I appreciate it but, I think it's time for me to go." I stood up infront of Vic whom was sitting in a retro leather chair. Vic's hand grazed my arm. He looked up at me with what seemed like puppy dog eyes of a child and said,"Can't you stay? I hate to be so bold but, I want to hang out, your quite beautiful, and seem really cool." "I suppose I could stay for awhile," I said softly sitting back down on the elegant couch of which he placed me when I was in a daze. Vic and I talked for hours on end. Our topics ranged from fun facts about ourselves to the latest sports report. After three hours of great conversation, I haven't talked like that with anyone in a long time, it was getting hard to keep my eyes open. Victor moved over to the couch with me, he was uncomfortably close, he placed his hand on my thigh playing with the trim of my tight black miniskirt I changed into in the bar's ladies room. My lips quiver with anxiety. Then, his hands brush over my shoulders. Vic's strong hands softly slipped off the spaghetti straps of my wet white tank top. Vic kissed my neck lightly, and the unthinkable happened.
The next morning, I woke up still on Victor's couch, and he was laying behind me. His Hands were placed on my bare hips. After that night at his house, we kept seeing eachother. Before you know it, we had been on fifteen dates. Now, twenty years later, Vic is your daddy, my loving husband, and a member of the armed forces. It's amazing how that one night changed my whole life for the better." "Wow mom, that's just wow. I hope my husband is just like dad." 


The author's comments:

good humor, ok, maybe