Say Goodbye Baby Blues | Teen Ink

Say Goodbye Baby Blues

October 7, 2014
By CynthiaFeathers ELITE, Frisco, Texas
CynthiaFeathers ELITE, Frisco, Texas
124 articles 42 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
He who is bound to a star does not turn back.
Leonardo Di Vinci

You see I'm a bit of a poet, and you did not know it! What!?
~Sir Percy Blakeney


Elephants dance in my stomach as I study you in the dim light.
Seconds…minutes…hours... pass as I watch your icy eyes scanning the horizon for a glimmer of hope. Unspoken words create an electrical barrier between us, containing us in separate worlds.
To anyone else you'd appear unfazed, tranquil as the sunset, but I see the ripples of pain in your calm blue eyes.
The breeze sends a shiver down my spine, or maybe its your stare.
You glance at me, and the elephants begin another number, bounding around inside.
I meet your gaze, but instantly look away.

The grass has becoming increasingly more interesting.

I can feel your eyes on my face, and my cheeks begin to burn against the breeze. I wonder what it would feel like to disappear into my surroundings.

Your deep baritone voice shatters the silence.

“You know this doesn’t have to be goodbye.”

I hear the sigh in your voice as the feelings we had both kept in for so long begin to tumble out. I can tell this is it, this is your last attempt at persuading me to stay. Your strong voice wavers with each word as you plead with me, playing tug of war with my half broken heart.

“You could stay if you wanted to.”

You begin again with the same desperate tone. I turn to you, looking into your beautiful blue eyes. You look like a puppy that has been kicked and is desperately begging for love.
But no matter how cute you may appear we both know that if we get to close I will have an allergic reaction.

“We can still be together. We can forget our past mistakes and start over.”

You almost had me there. I was ready to jump into your arms and never let go. But then I realize the reason why I must leave, because if we forget our past history is bound to repeat itself. If I let go of all of the fights they will come right back.

Besides, forgetting my mistakes is the reason I fell for you in the first place.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences