Black Roses(chapter 2) | Teen Ink

Black Roses(chapter 2)

By TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other
TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other

Today a future, tomorrow an emipre.

CHAPTER 2.
Tonight was my first night in hostel , I had never shared my room before and now I had to share one with a girl I didn’t know. I only knew her name, she was Amanda and she had an older sister that came to this school, her name was Zoe. I disliked her from the minute I laid eyes on her; she had this annoying air about her. I disliked a lot of things about this school and the people here; call me a b**** but this place rubbed me up the wrong way. I was trying really hard to be optimistic but every time I tried something would strike me as being odd or extremely stupid. I couldn’t help it, it was just like that; like for instance when I made my way upstairs I saw three girls laughing hysterically(like a bunch of hyenas). I also wanted to see what was so funny, I expected to see or hear about something hilarious but to no avail. Low and behold the trio was laughing at the fact that one of the girls had marked the floor with black shoe polish. I had never been so dumbfounded in my life and no, not because of the ‘joke’ but because this was the most stupidest thing to laugh about. I stared at these girls for a long time, so long my eyes nearly froze over; my brother looked at me and then looked at the girls. He shook his head and silently laughed at them; I shook my head and stalked off to my room.
My room was another issue on its own, there were three beds meaning three people shared a room. I hated sharing and I mean hated it! With a passion, sharing my space gave me the heebie jeebies. I threw my bag onto the bed in a space, it landed with a soft thud, I could hear my brother panting up the stairs as he dragged my red suitcase. I crossed the room multiple times trying to asses my situation; I, age thirteen, was stuck in a rut. The rut called GSH, I NEEDED out and to top it all off I hadn’t seen one hot guy! I thought Germans were supposed to be smoking but all I could see was ugly and not just ugly I mean oh my gosh ugly. The next five years were looking bleak, hopefully tomorrow I would see an improvement in the opposite sex, I had only seen the boarders.
That afternoon went like as fast as a formula 1 race car, I meet more students all more horrible as the last. Except for one, her name was Bella. She was from Northern Natal, she looked like Barbie’s twin. With wavy blonde hair, sparkly blue eyes and pouty pinks lips she would have brought any man down to his knees. On top of that she had tanned skin like a girl from California; to say I was jealous of her was an understatement. She had it all, the looks, the personality and the grades to match. She was the girl you loved to hate, I found myself staring at her all the time, and I thought I was beautiful; with my medium cut brown hair, pouty lips and hazel nut brown eyes and creamy brown skin. I thought I was the epitome of beauty but this girl topped it, deep down I knew there was something wrong, she was just too perfect. Everyone was doting on her including me but I knew that somehow she was messed up. Little did I know I would find that out much sooner than expected.

OK this is chapter 2 of black roses, I hope you guys enjoy it. This is talking about our main character's(ntokozo)first night at her new school. The new characters Bella and Amanda have been introduced, they start out as friends and enemies but will they end up like that. Read and find out more.