Forever Longer Nights | Teen Ink

Forever Longer Nights

By prolixity GOLD, Iloilo City, Other
prolixity GOLD, Iloilo City, Other

Even the tallest and most lofty trees have the most reason to dread the thunder.

I spent sleepless nights trying to unveil the idea of a perfect promenade. Crystal chandeliers. Chocolate fountains. Grand clothing. Leather shoes. High heels. Branded bags. No limits. Just fun. They’re all fragments of my imagination.

The Promenade is a highlight of every secondary student. It is that time when the Juniors and Seniors formally get together nearly at the end of the school year. The Prom is an event to be looked out for. It serves as a bond for greater fellowship or a way for the couples to have their public slow dances.

Girls get their hair done. Boys search for suits and ties. Girls do all kinds of shopping. Boys get clothes from their cabinets, of course, with some enhancements. To look good, is one subject of the promenade. Who wouldn’t care to please the eyes of their special someone?

So what exactly makes a perfect promenade? A perfect prom celebration would be that which is well-planned. Venues and themes are prepared. It would be a night of commemoration if all those who make up the event are set to make impressions. No hassles. No obstructions. Just a free-flowing program every individual will take pleasure in.

One factor, also, would have to be formality. Attires are properly connected to the assigned theme. The motif is to be followed. It is vital to maintain and adhere to the chosen theme. Alongside, appearance must also be considered. To be able to make an impression, accept judgments.

The moment each and every prom attendee awaits for, has to be the dance with a partner. Holding one’s hands. One’s waist. One’s neck. Breathing face to face. What could be better than this? Oh food! Fill the stomachs with chocolate cupcakes and frozen delights. Fill the hearts and souls with contentment and appetite.

A thing which should definitely be looked out for: PROM. It’s a grand event. Held in a grand place. With grand people. In one grand night. If only nights lasted longer, prom would be a happy ever after.

"I stepped out of the cab, wearing this brilliant white suit. I was already a gentleman."

prolixity GOLD said...
prolixity GOLD, Iloilo City, Other

thanks! enjoy your prom night! :)

midnightwoah said...
midnightwoah, Monett, Missouri

"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky

It's wierd to think that my prom night is only a few years away! You got me full details of what might go down that night that I should take notice of. Thank you and keep writing!