Simply: Love | Teen Ink

Simply: Love

June 5, 2014
By SabrinaFaire SILVER, Odenville, Alabama
SabrinaFaire SILVER, Odenville, Alabama
5 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You aren't going to impose the patriarchal paradigm on ME." Alaska Young


Have you ever had someone’s presence just truly compel your own? The way that each pull of their lip or each raise of their brow just draws you in and slowly, the world dies away; the sound is slurred and your vision is blurred…except for that one person. Because your senses drown out everything else so that it may focus and heighten itself onto another and that another is that someone. You notice every twitch of their eyelid and the way their lips part when they smile; and that’s about the time that you catch yourself smiling along with them. You start observing the way their hair trickles down on itself or the way that their irises seem to brighten and how fervently their hands move when a topic of their passion is brought up. You see every muscle tense and every breath released. You don’t know why, but their being seems to intensify yours. But they leave. Their embodiment walks away and your world removes itself from its unconscious stand-still. And although before everything seemed fine, now with the lack of their presence there is an emptiness and a pause within your mind. Bewilderment, no, wonder, settles into the cracks of your every being.
You try to ignore what happened, but you do double-takes around every corner and even catch yourself searching in crowds for that one face. You try to push this out of your mind, but how could you forget such a feeling that someone’s self gave yours? You can’t just ignore, you can’t even not pay attention to it, for that feeling was a feeling like no other. How could you ever forget? Without their presence it is like your body is so alone, yet it was alone before! It’s not any different from before I saw them, you tell yourself, but, oh, it is. You feel a surge of excitement every time a door opens or a shot of hope of seeing their face every time you step onto a bus. Wherever you are, you hope they are there too. And of course you think this idea silly because you had only seen this person once, why do your nerves act as if they hope to see them again.
But over weeks of these surges and shots, the shock dies down; you no longer believe in running into them again, and part of you is disappointed. But that’s when it hits: It hits when you least expect it. It hits when you’re tired of searching. It hits when you are tired of craning your neck above crowds of people. It hits when your heart has drawn itself weary. It hits when you can’t find a single shooting star to wish upon!

Love.


The author's comments:
I don't believe in love at first sight, however, I do believe that when you meet that "special someone" your emotions will stir in a way that you have never known. YOU may not know, but your entire BEING does. This was inspired by the first time I met my now boyfriend. I had never talked to him and I didn't for a very long time, but I had a feeling about him and I truly had no idea why.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 18 comments.


on Aug. 31 2014 at 9:46 pm
sullivano17 PLATINUM, Boston, Massachusetts
23 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. - Art Buchwald

Love love love this piece. Very relatable, which is interesting because this article is both so personal but yet such a good capture of the meaning of love. Love it.

on Jul. 12 2014 at 7:36 am
Myvoice4change SILVER, Other, Other
9 articles 3 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

haha not too far in you got me thinking about someone! Lol. Good job, gave you a 5. Very descriptive and well written; nice punctuation and grammar, too.

on Jul. 11 2014 at 10:37 pm
sarahcarp63 DIAMOND, Denver, Colorado
51 articles 2 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
'The really important people in life have a way of coming back to you'
'Good enough isn't good enough'
'You don't have to be sick to get better'
'Come what may and love it'

Very cute! The perfect idea of love  

on Jul. 10 2014 at 12:18 pm
WritinGirl PLATINUM, DeKalb, Illinois
20 articles 0 photos 78 comments

Favorite Quote:
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ~Maya Angelou

wonderfuly written. I love the way you make it seem so elegant yet it's so simple too. a 4 or 5 out of 5! :)

midnightwoah said...
on Jul. 8 2014 at 5:29 pm
midnightwoah, Monett, Missouri
0 articles 0 photos 188 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky

Simply written, so much said!

on Jul. 8 2014 at 11:38 am
Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
325 articles 10 photos 1165 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

This is AMAZINGGG!!! I love the fluid diction you used, and the elegant descriptions you gave! Excellent work, actually going into my faves. ^_^ Keep it up XD

on Jul. 7 2014 at 4:57 pm
Z.V.Oksana PLATINUM, Harrison, Arkansas
22 articles 1 photo 60 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

A perfect description of the idealism of love! Great work, bravooo 5/5. 

on Jun. 30 2014 at 6:59 pm
AllThingsFlawless GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada
10 articles 2 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”
—Allen Ginsberg, WD

Wow, just wow. This was incredible.

lydia.w GOLD said...
on Jun. 29 2014 at 3:39 pm
lydia.w GOLD, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
11 articles 7 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
I was always an unusual girl.
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean...
And if I said I didn't plan for it to turn out this way I'd be lying...
Because I was born to be the other woman.
Who belonged to no one, who belonged to everyone.
Who had nothing, who wanted everything, with a fire for every experience and an obsession for freedom that terrified me to the point that I couldn't even talk about it, and pushed me to a nomadic point of madness that both dazzled and dizzied me.

Your words are really true and beautiful. I love this

on Jun. 29 2014 at 9:25 am
Anna141 PLATINUM, Yarmouth, Maine
23 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."

Auth

This is so calming and nice. I love the language you use and how one sentence melts into the next. The discriptions that you used in this were amamzing!

on Jun. 27 2014 at 7:10 pm
Vallichor SILVER, Bloomington, Indiana
7 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everyone goes through hardships, we just have different stories.

I found myself nodding my head in agreement! It's funny how we only realize our true feelings after it's all said and done.

on Jun. 26 2014 at 12:52 pm
WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
5 articles 0 photos 266 comments
I love ur work, it's amazing :) other than a few small niggling little grammar things, it's perfect 

HudaZav SILVER said...
on Jun. 24 2014 at 10:13 am
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other
8 articles 6 photos 390 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

This was described in such a beautiful and detailed way, this was really sweet! Nice work =)

on Jun. 23 2014 at 9:24 pm
Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California
13 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Tennyson

You describe love in such a beautiful and relatable way. Great job. :) 

pprudhon GOLD said...
on Jun. 23 2014 at 8:09 pm
pprudhon GOLD, San Jose, California
10 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
-JK Rowling (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

That was beautiful, thank you for sharing.  Keep writing!

gboo12 SILVER said...
on Jun. 22 2014 at 10:55 pm
gboo12 SILVER, Bergen County, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 18 comments
This is great. It had so much imagery and sensory detail. This story just makes me want the same thing! Such a great piece and written so perfectly. One of my favorites. Keep writing

on Jun. 22 2014 at 10:39 pm
SabrinaFaire SILVER, Odenville, Alabama
5 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You aren't going to impose the patriarchal paradigm on ME." Alaska Young

Thank you so much!!!!

on Jun. 22 2014 at 9:18 pm
Luv4Ever SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida
7 articles 0 photos 199 comments

Favorite Quote:
A miracle is just another name for hard work
-Minho in "To The Beautiful You"

all i can say is i love it