I Hate You | Teen Ink

I Hate You

April 25, 2014
By Brannagh13 SILVER, Salisbury, Other
Brannagh13 SILVER, Salisbury, Other
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you."
William Arthur Ward


It sounded like thunder. A thick tension in the air, a sudden threatening boom, to shatter it all. And it changed everything.
I want to tell you how much I hate you. The way you intruded on my life, sneaking into my family with your mother, taking my dad away from me. I don't know why he could not be happy it was just me and him. Why he had to love her, and love you.

I hate how you always had to protect me; from the older children in the playground, staring them down with your bloodied little fists clenched tight at your side; from the ones who betrayed me, with their thoughtless words and dreadful lies; from myself.

Did you think I was weak? Did you think I could not handle everything they threw at me?

When you wouldn't leave, no matter what I threw at you, no matter how hard I screamed and scratched at you. You just stood there, waiting until it ended, until my anger was spent and all that was left were the tears. Oh how I hate that you saw me cry.

I hate how I leaned on you. How I needed you. How my heart began to skip a beat when you entered, how I couldn't breathe because you were there. You knew how to find me, you knew my whole heart, you knew, before I did, what was worth dying for.

How I hate you, my love, how I hate you so much. How I hate you for leaving me, and tasking my love all away.