A Dream Becoming a Reality | Teen Ink

A Dream Becoming a Reality

I have many people in my life that I look up to and adore. Some of these people may be fictional or real. I would be so ecstatic if I was able to meet one of these people. One day, my dream became a reality. I was walking around downtown New Orleans on Valentine’s Day, when I stopped at the telephone booth at the sound of a ringing phone. I was very mysterious as to who was on the other side of the telephone. The obnoxious, buzzing rings made my mind wonder more and more. I was trying so hard not to answer, but the temptation was almost as a bad as a little girl resisting to eat her chocolate until after her dinner. As much as I tried not to answer, I quickly picked up the gross, public, ringing telephone. When I heard the cute, handsome voice on the other side of the phone my heart melted. I was so excited when I heard the name of who the mysterious caller was. I never thought the dream of meeting or talking to my favorite star would ever come true, but on this day it did. I asked the gentleman what his name was and he replied, “This is Lucas Scott.” I did not believe that this was true. I was so astonished that I became blank with words; nothing would come out of my mouth. After this period of astonishment, I asked why he was calling. He said that he was jus making a random phone call, and the person who answered was going to be invited to dinner with him. He said that he knew not everyone would have a Valentine, and he wanted to make a fan’s night special. When I heard this, the tears began falling steadily down my face. My happiness definitely came through in my emotions. The tears were pure tears of enjoyment. On this day, I did not have anyone to spend time with. All of my friends were out doing cute, sweet things with their boyfriends. He was even sweeter than I ever imagined, sweeter than a slice of strawberry shortcake cake on the night of a precious wedding. When I was able to find my words, I excitedly accepted this invitation to dinner. He told me a time to be ready and picked me up. I got dressed in my most precious dress and cutest heels; I had to look good for him. We had a nice, warming dinner at Ruth’s Chris. I ordered a delicious steak with ice-cold water. The steak had a pink center to it, and it was so tender it was melting in my mouth. The conversations exchanged between the two of us kept us talking all night. It was great to get to know the sweet, welcoming, generous, friendly side of a star I have always loved. I was so thankful for this dinner that I did not stop thanking him. Before I knew, it was time to leave the fabulous restaurant. I was so sad when I had to leave, but at the same time still the happiest person alive. I could not believe that Valentine’s Day actually turned out this great. It was the most magical night of my life. I cannot believe that the dream of meeting Lucas Scott would ever come true.