Unnoticed | Teen Ink

Unnoticed

By xxMedievalShadexx GOLD, Deerfield Beach, Florida
xxMedievalShadexx GOLD, Deerfield Beach, Florida

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. -Bruce Lee

By the time I woke up, the sun was shining through the windows and into my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes and squinted. It seemed like a nice day out. I slowly took the covers off and noticed I was only wearing a T-shirt. When I rolled my feet over the edge of the bed and stood up, I looked in the mirror. I looked paler than normal today, but I guess that’s happens when you’re a ghost.

I know that I’m only a ghost but weird things keep happening. People can see me. I can talk to people and they don’t know that I’m…not really there. It’s interesting, so to say.

I ran my fingers through my hair and decided to take a shower.

When I got out of the shower I got dressed in my normal outfit. My dark skinny jeans with my studded belt, a tight red tank-top, and my sweater that is all black and says ‘Issues.’ The sweater shows my shoulders, which gets frustrating and feels weird sometimes but I guess we do things to look cute, right?

I started to look for my shoes when I noticed the tie. 8:02 am. I had to hurry or I wouldn’t get to see him.

I quickly grabbed a pair of socks, threw on my Converse, straightened my hair, and ran for the door.

Here in Florida we don’t get winter but today it was a little chilly outside. 8:26. Crap, I need to move.

I ran out of my house and down the street. I had to take a few turns, I greeted people, and I also waved. It’s great to be sometimes seen, but it’s still really weird.
8:31.

Damn it, I might miss him.

I ran until I saw the small café. My heart stopped. He wasn’t there yet. I looked frantically around. ‘Where is he,’ I asked myself. I looked down at my scarred hands and I saw them trembling. I got the scars from when I died. A drunk driver killed me while I was walking. The boy was there with me. He is the love of my life. And the poor boy had held me while I died, waiting for help.

I walked into the café and waited.

8:39.

He should be here in at least six minutes.

I walked up to the counter and ordered a caramel coffee. Though I couldn’t drink it, I still wanted to fit in. I looked up at the clock.

8:46.

He’s late. He’s never late. I looked out of the café window and watched as people walked by. Every one of them either had a friends to walk with, a lover, or a child. All of them smiling and enjoying this morning. I’m a little jealous. I wonder what it would be like to have a normal life again. But something was wrong with today, but I don’t know what yet.

I set my head against the window when I heard sirens and a few trucks go by.

8:49.

I heard someone sit in front of me so I looked up. It was him.

He looked out the window with a sad expression. His blue eyes caught the light the right way and made them shine. I smiled a little. He was always very attractive. His dirty-blond hair was messy and looked adorable. He had a really nice tan, but today he looked a little pale. I wonder if something is wrong. Hm.

“Hey there,” he said softly.

I looked up startled. He never noticed me before. Something is really wrong.
He must have seen it in my facial expression.

“I know, I know,” he said. “I was never able to see you before but I always felt you there.”

“So wait,” I asked nervously. “How can you see me now?” I started trembling again.

He looked at me with a sad expression. His bright blue eyes got dark.

He looked out the window and so did I. I then realized that the sirens and trucks were headed towards downtown…

Towards his house.

I dropped my cup on the table and splashed a little bit on me. I covered my mouth with my hands and looked at him. He was wearing a tank top and my eyes started to trail him.

On both of his forearms, he had long cuts going from his wrist up to his elbow.

“You killed yourself,” I blurted out loud. I started to tear up. Everything was going blurry and dizzy. “Why would you do that?”

He looked at me with a slight smirk and a sparkle in his eyes.

“Baby, I told you months ago. Where you go, I go. Where you sleep, I sleep. I can’t live without your love, so now we can both go unnoticed.”

on Apr. 24 2014 at 10:49 am
Nella.Girl97 BRONZE, Ashland, Wisconsin

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart."

This is amazing! It is a little creepy, but pulls at the interest strings of readers! I wish I could write like you! Great work! 

BurrThistle GOLD, Jaipur, Other

Write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect

Kinda creepy but nice.

on Mar. 12 2014 at 10:56 am

I didn't notice before but there are some spelling mistakes. I apologize!