All's fair in love and death | Teen Ink

All's fair in love and death

June 26, 2013
By mitska32 BRONZE, Winnipeg, Other
mitska32 BRONZE, Winnipeg, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I, or the others crazy?"
-Albert Einstein


I woke up to crystal blue eyes, searching my face. The smile that usually lit up his face wasn't there. My boyfriend was always smiling but today his smile was replaced by tears rolling down his face. "She's gone guys. Gone." What was he talking about? I asked him but he couldn't hear me. He got up and left and I followed him... right out of my body. Then I realized I was dead. I had to find a way to tell him I wouldn't leave him. He had to know how much I loved him! It didn't matter that I was dead, he was still my whole world. So I followed him until I could figure out what to do. He went straight home and cried until his sister came home. "Why are you crying?"

"Madeleine sacrificed her life for mine."

"Oh."

"I can't believe she would give up her life to save me."

"She would have done anything for you bro."

"I know she would." He was whispering now and standing there watching him, it made me want to cry. He shouldn't be in so much pain over my death. He was going to get another girlfriends soon enough anyways. Every girl at school liked him.

That was three months ago. You don't know how wrong I was. He still hasn't even thought of finding another girlfriend. Every day I hear how much he loves me even though I'm gone. I think he knows I'm still watching him.


The author's comments:
This is a short story I wrote, originally for a contest but then it became more than that. As the characters grew in my mind I realized I had to change the story. I kept the 250 word guide line and made it fit my new ideas. Now it's about losing someone you love very much but being able to go on anyways.