The Goblin Prince | Teen Ink

The Goblin Prince

June 17, 2013
By KayBlack BRONZE, Syracuse, New York
KayBlack BRONZE, Syracuse, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys."






- Obsidian


“Shut up!” I screamed at my mom, “I can never do anything right can I?” I ran up the stairs, feet tripping over themselves to get away from they hallway where my parents stood, staring up at me with disappointed looks on their faces.
My mother had done it again! Tears pooled in my eyes, and I ripped my door open, slamming it behind me. Again she insisted I be treated like a helpless child capable of nothing but disappointing her.
I threw myself down on the bed, hands clenched into tight fists. Tears streamed steadily down my face as hushed words carried themselves up the stairs. My parents were talking about me. Again.
“She has to understand that coming in at eleven at night does, in fact, qualify for a grounding!” my mother spoke in a hard voice and I could picture her putting her hands on her hips and scowling in her pink dress.
“I’ll talk to her okay?” my father whispered and then I heard his feet start on the stairs. I stood up, rubbing my face in the hem of my black shirt, getting rid of the wetness on my face. Good, he wanted to talk? Let’s talk.
I tried to breathe normally but instead I huffed as my breath hitched from my tears.
“No, just let her simmer down. Let’s go Roger.” my mother commanded from outside my closed door.
No! I wanted to scream; let him talk to me!
I heard my fathers shoes creak and hesitate a foot or so outside my door and I closed my eyes, not daring to hope…
“Okay sweetheart, whatever you think is best.” and then my feeble-willed father followed the tyrant out of the big house.
I didn’t hear the door close as I opened my eyes, my breath back to normal. “Thanks dad.” I muttered to my last hope, “I can see you have no say in this household.”
I sighed, flopping down on my bed and kicking off my boots.
Okay, yeah, I had snuck out to see the latest horror movie with Caroline, but at least it wasn’t to do drugs or go to a rave right? And the movie was good – exactly what I had needed; a good, old-fashioned horror with an axe and a blond chick who screamed a lot.
But when I had gotten home she was waiting with a scowl and a ‘sorry, but your being punished severely’ speech.
I could hear the car start in the garage downstairs and I screamed quietly in frustration. I ran to the window, throwing it open to the cool night air and screamed at the car backing out of the black driveway.
“I wish that you would both be taken far away from me!” I screamed to them, knowing they couldn’t hear me. Suddenly the sky shook and rain poured down in buckets, drenching my head and I screeched in surprise, jerking my head inside and snapping the window shut with a bang.
“Ugh!” I howled as I spun around, eyes flashing and wet hair whipping around me.
Then I stopped cold.
Standing in the middle of my room was a boy. I gasped and lurched away from him, my back hitting the window with a rattle.
He stood on my white carpet, grinning at me.
“What the…?” my eyes widened, “Who are you?” I asked, voice shaking a bit. The boy grinned, his teeth were sharp.
His teeth were sharp.
“I’m the Goblin Prince.”
I gaped.
“Your high aren’t you?” I asked him, voice flat, as I repeated the only logical answer for that reply popped into my head.
I slowly looked him up and down.
If he was a goblin prince, he certainly had the look down. His shirt seemed to be woven together with some sort of metallic material that clung to his chest and shone in a silver light. That was not possible, and even if it was it had to have been seriously heavy.
Black tattoos ran the lengths of his arms.
His pants were tight and black, the material not cloth, not metal, but something completely other. He wore brown knee-high boots made of leather with buckled lining the sides and a ring flashed on every finger.
His hair was lighting white and spiky, sticking up in odd angles and almost curling at the tips. His face looked like some one had carved it out of marble, all angles and smooth white skin. His eyes were violet. Violet. And his sharp teeth gleamed as he smirked.