Cinderella Story | Teen Ink

Cinderella Story

By ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other
ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Sometimes life doesn’t turn out the way we want it to. Rebecca had a similar disastrous life. Everyone she loved was separated from her. Her mom died when she was ten years old and then her father committed suicide a year after that. She was left alone with her aunt who treated her like a servant, maybe even worse. She lived half of her life in poverty, depression and disparity. But she never lost hope.

One fine day, she was on her way to school when she met the most handsome guy of her dreams. His name was Aiden. He was in the same school where Rebecca studied but she had never noticed him before. That day while she was going to school, they bumped into each other and started a conversation. “Hey I’m so sorry. Are you hurt?” he asked her with absolute politeness. As she looked up to him, his green eyes caught her in a spell. She felt numb. “I-I-I-I no I’m alright.” She stammered her way through the words. They kept smiling at each other for the next five minutes until a stranger woke them up from the trance. They turned away from each other awkwardly still smiling to themselves knowing secretly that they had fallen in love.

The whole day, both of them were thinking of each other. Next morning Rebecca was eager to meet Aiden. She wore her best dress and set out to school ignoring her aunt’s remarks. As she had planned, Aiden was right there waiting for her. They walked to school together and had a great time. Days passed and both of them grew closer to each other. They had confessed their love and were the perfect couple in school. Everything was going fine until Rebecca’s aunt found out.

“You are not going to step out of your room until I ask you to.” Her aunt thundered at her. She stayed in her room weeping over her luck. Everyone she loved had gone away from her and now Aiden too. She was depressed and decided to end her life. Just as she thought of slicing her throat open, Aiden flew in through the window. “Are you coming with me?” he exclaimed without wasting time. Their eyes filled with tears and they hugged each other with immense passion. This was her chance to live her life right. She didn’t waste it and went with the love of her life.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

10 YEARS LATER

Rebecca was blessed with a baby and Aiden was right by her side. Both of them lived happily ever after and thus ended Rebecca’s fairy tale story. Life was finally fair to her.

on Mar. 3 2013 at 3:37 am
ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other

Thanks so much...

AmieeHope-Sierra GOLD, Royston, Georgia

And There Will Come A Time, You'll See, With No More Tears. And Love Will Not Break Your Heart, But Dismiss Your Fears.

This is a cute and lovely twist on the old Cinderella story. It's a dream come true and you made it your own although the story line was, of course, the cinderella story line. I loved how you hooked the reader and I think you have so much potential for sure. Keep up the good work. xD

ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other

thanks so much..........<3

wordtea GOLD said...
wordtea GOLD, Delhi, Other

'All men shall die.'- A Clash of Kings
'We accept the love we think we deserve.'- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
'Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.'- The Book Thief

nice work!!

Zoya_Khan GOLD said...
Zoya_Khan GOLD, Gujranwala, Other

Where LOGIC ends, FAITH begins.
- Zoya Khan

Good job!!!

Zoya_Khan GOLD said...
Zoya_Khan GOLD, Gujranwala, Other

Where LOGIC ends, FAITH begins.
- Zoya Khan

Good job :) :) :)

ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other

thanks cookie...next one is going to be my life story  

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
You know, I really don't know what to say about THAT! ...It's epic. I'll keep reading your work! :) You better keep writing.

ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other

Thanks so much and I'll be sure to check out your story too.....

Laurel-F. BRONZE, Willow Spring, North Carolina
This was excellent! I identify with Rebecca, and you make her a likeable character. Check out my story and rate it please!