Thoughtless | Teen Ink

Thoughtless

March 25, 2012
By Sweetheartless GOLD, Sandston, Virginia
Sweetheartless GOLD, Sandston, Virginia
10 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire


I loved him. His eyes softened just a little as he looked down at my head on his chest. This was our first and last night together before he had to leave. It was tragic, really. After all we’d been through, after everything that had happened; he was finally in my possession, only to be ripped away from me yet again by that which had no mercy. But couldn't’t think of that right now. My focus had to remain on the feel of his arms pressing me tightly to him. Shutting my eyes, I listened intently to the steady beating of his heart and the slow rhythm of his breathing. That was all that I would allow myself to focus on. If any thoughts of the coming morning were allowed to enter my head, even he would not be able to console me. And I would not be the cause of the disruption of such glorious peace. Not again. Lifting my head, I opened my eyes to look into his. They were beautiful, easily his most perfect feature. One of his hands snaked around from my back to rub my bare shoulder. He spoke no words, but the way he touched me spoke volumes. I gave him a small smile which he readily returned. He placed the sweetest and most tender of kisses on my forehead, and leaned his head back onto the soft white pillows to sleep. Taking the hint, I brought myself as close to him as I could, shut my eyes, and tried my hardest, again, to keep myself from thinking.