My First: Kiss | Teen Ink

My First: Kiss

March 24, 2012
By pageturner PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
pageturner PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
34 articles 0 photos 94 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's okay to daydream.. just as long as you get to do some of those daydreams.


At least my headache was gone. Or at least the physical pain was gone. Can’t say much about it being mentally gone. After being barraged with questions for like ten minutes, Alex was finally satisfied with my story.
“So…?”

“So what?”

She gave me this sly grin, which I’d come to fear.

“Are you gonna go out with him?

Oh brother.

“Go out with him? What are we back in junior high?”

She pretended to think it over. “Yep.”

I flopped back in my chair, exhausted. I jus closed my eyes, when she started again.

“You know?”. Having this sparkle in her eyes. “How long has it been since you’d gotten laid….?”

I punched over her head with a pillow before she could continue. When we both finally calmed down, I decided it was time to head back to my room. Usually when Ashley was done with her boy-toys she sent them away to get her “beauty sleep”. I said good-night to Alex, and started down the hallway towards my room. I couldn’t help but wonder, what was going to happen next?


“Mr. Cathorn is a pretty okay teacher, but when tests come around he can be a little sadistic. After the first test is done, you’ll be begging for an I.V. drip filled with coffee.”

“Good to know for future basic.” Laughing after I told him this.

If you’d told me a year ago that I would be sitting in a café, going over notes with a guy I barely know, I probably would have punched you. But lou and behold here I was. It was like 6 o’clock, and we were hanging out at a popular coffee shop near campus. Since today was Thursday, the shop wasn’t as crowded as it usually was. I don’t know how I even got here in the first place. But today in class when Noah asked me to help catch him up on some info about the campus, it was all I could do to try to say no when he smiled. As soon as he flashed those pearly whites I knew I was a goner. Right now we were sitting across from each other at my favorite table. It was hidden away in the corner, and was able to somewhat shut off the noise around us. Noah was writing down what I’d just said about some of the teachers, and I was trying to control my thoughts. When he bent his head over the table, some of his hair fell in his face as he was writing his notes. His hair was a little shorter than shoulder length, and this beautiful dark black color. I was restraining myself from brushing his hair out of his eyes. I could feel my arm moving towards him without even thinking, when he looked up. He’d caught me by surprise. I pretended I was just reaching for a paper, so I wouldn’t have to look at him.
D*mn it.
What was going on with me? What was it with this guy that I was so helpless to? One batting of those baby brown eyes and I practically keeled over?
Wait a minute. Baby brown eyes? Keeling over? Who comes up with this stuff? For crying out loud I’d only known the guy for a few days. Before I could hit myself with too much self-loathing, he looked up. This was because we finally got someone to get our order.
He let me go first.
“I’ll have a decaf coffee with two sugars.”

He ordered himself hot chocolate. With marshmallows. I looked at him when our waitress left.

He smiled sheepishly. “I always had hot chocolate with my sister at night whenever I had the chance. Now it’s become a habit.”

A sister. Hmm.

“So I take it you like sweets.”

“Yeah, especially chocolate.”

I don’t know why I did this, but I burst out laughing. Before he got confused I caught my breath and explained.

“I’m sorry. But chocolate, marshmallows? Are you a little kid or a girl or something?”

He smiled, getting what I was saying.

“What? Is it my fault that I have good taste? I mean who gets a decaf coffee? Doesn’t that seem like a contradiction in itself?”

“Whoa. Contradiction, big words for a little kid.”

Hold on, was I flirting? Was he? I was interrupted from my freaking out by the delivery of our drinks. We stayed like that for the whole time we were there. Talking about teachers and work. When we left the café, we said good-night to each other. Not before he kissed me on the cheek.


The author's comments:
Please comment. I want to hear responses from people. No response is wrong. Feedback is approved of. Thanks.