Heartbreak's Interlude | Teen Ink

Heartbreak's Interlude

By BraxtonLangstonChapman SILVER, Lexington, North Carolina
BraxtonLangstonChapman SILVER, Lexington, North Carolina

Dedication, Hard Work

Who classifies a man to not show emotion? Honestly I stare at this girls number in my phone. I laugh like, "Friend zone much?" Then I say nah, nah, nah. I don't freaking like this girl she's just a friend! I shove it down even know I mentally have a lot of feelings for a women that's so called my bestfriend. I think a bestfriend that's the opposite sex is just another way of saying we like each other. Leaving class she's like, "I love you Braxton." I say it back, mumble under my breath "you don't even know." All my friends know how I feel. Hers know too, but they probably tell her not to give in. Cause I'm a heart-breaker, that's really just an opinion. I regret it, but I tell her how I feel anyway....

******* ****L
You know we can't it will ruin our friendship:/ Plus you've dated my friend.

******** Langston-Chapman
If you really care, and like me it wouldn't matter....

******* ****L
Braxton...

She doesn't get it, I wish she wouldn't have told me she "Liked me." She doesn't care if she did the friends and our friendship wouldn't matter am I wrong? I sit right by her in most of my classes how do I come across. I try to act the same. I don't know how she does it. Popin' pills, and cutting my self hoping to forget about her. Plenty of people ask me why I wear long sleeves in the spring. I remember when I thought girls were stupid, now a 5'5 blond chick got me acting stupid. Listening to Jimmy Hendricks, and accapella weeknd songs to get by....
What I do?
Thoughts of suicide.

A piece a thirty page article I've been adding on to for a year now.

Its.beautiful. BRONZE, Goose Creek, South Carolina

"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you." — Erich Fromm

I am so excited to be your first critic! Are you trying to be an emo Lil Wayne or a poet? If poet, you've failed, miserably. If Lil Wayne, you've failed, miserably. This poem evokes no other emotion but disgust. "One must first know the rules of poetry before breaking them.", and you clearly don't know them. Needs ALOT of Work...Do better, or just don't do at all.