Kayley and Kaylen | Teen Ink

Kayley and Kaylen

December 15, 2011
By Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments

You know how you sometimes like someone, and he, or she, likes you, and you both know it but you don’t do anything about it. Well I’m kind-of in that situation.

There’s this guy name Kaylen, he may not be the best looking guy, or the greatest athlete. But he is the best at being my best friend, and my secret crush. I kinda had the crush on him since I was in first grade til now, in eighth grade. I hadn’t really known I had still liked him until now.

We liked a lot of the same things, reading, writing spooky stories, and sending them to each other. Going sledding when it was snowy. Dancing and playing in the rain when it was rainy. Running up and down hills when it was sunny. All the things that we did was a blast and I had fun with it.

Then it was that night when Kaylen called crying. It was raining, but we weren’t dancing in the rain. We were mourning in the rain. Kaylen’s mom dad of lung cancer. She had it for a while.

I was always there for him. Comforting him. Telling him that I was always going to be there know matter what happened. I was going to be right by his side like I was glued there. I kept my word. Even when I didn’t want to be there, even when he didn’t want me there, even when his dad yelled at me to get out. I was still there.

It was a sunny afternoon. Clear blue sky's, rolling green meadows. We were both stretched out on a hill. Telling each other what clouds looked like.

Kaylen told me one cloud looked like an old lady riding a cow. I laughed so hard I could hardly breath. He then asked me what I saw when I looked up into the clouds.

I said I saw a heart. A heart with a face inside of it. It looked liked Kaylen’s face.

He turned his face towards mine and said, “I see a heart to, with your face in it”, and he poked me right where my heart was and I giggled like a little girl.

I realized that I loved him that sunny afternoon. That day was today. Were now strolling side by side together, forever, and that’s how I like it.

Kayley and Kaylen Forever.