You Are | Teen Ink

You Are

By LenoreNevermore GOLD, Davis, California
LenoreNevermore GOLD, Davis, California

Emmett,
By the time you read this, I guarantee it'll be too late. I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry. I love you with all my heart, but not even you can stop me from what I'm about to do. So don't. Please don't even try.
As you know, everyone hates me at school. I don't know why. They trip me, hurt me, and spread vicious rumors. I'm just a caged animal to taunt with freedom. But what you don't know is that I'm beaten. My mom's dead...it's my dad. I've got scars all over my back to prove it. I do, and I'm not proud of them.
Em, you're the only thing worth living for. The only thing in this entire world. But in the end,the bad outweighs the good. And that's why I'm doing this.
Do you remember when you noticed that scar on my cheek? You asked me what it was from. I told you I fell on the stairs and hit my cheek on the banister's corner. I lied. That's not what it was from...but now you can guess where I actually got it.
You've always been my only exception for everything.
Emmett, do you remember yesterday, when you told me I was beautifu? You said you loved me, inside and out, and I was the most gorgeous woman you've met, what with my blond hair and green eyes? Thank you. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Really.
So I thank you.
I've decided I'm going to jump off the bridge. I don't want you to find my body. I don't want to scar you for life.
Emmett, I love you. Don't feel bad about this. Don’t feel guilty, as it wasn’t your fault. And Emmett, I hope you have a wonderful life, marry a gorgeous woman, and have beautiful children.
Live your dream, because I couldn't.
Love you forever,
Madeleine
XOXO

I leave the note where I'm sure Emmett will find it. He's going to arrive at an empty house in a half hour. And he'll put his keys in my wicker basket and find this.
I hope I won't break his heart too badly. Because who will be there to pick up the pieces?
I won't be.

LenoreNevermore GOLD, Davis, California
thanks! much appreciated.

RaveFire PLATINUM, Vancouver, Washington

"Sometimes You Have To Give Up Your Life To Save It." ~some book that i don't remember the name of

"Live Life Like There's No Yesterday" ~ random billboard

"If No One Can Hurt You, Then Nobody Loves You" ` ~ Kerli?

i needed to read saomething like this...i didnt think i would find it on TeenInk but I'm glad I did. this is amazing....you arer amazing