Good Morning | Teen Ink

Good Morning

By ReaderWriter GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida
ReaderWriter GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida

My bus passes by his stop where he is bored to tears. I smile knowing that he is all mine; When I get to school I sit alone, waiting for him to arrive. When he gets there I smile at his now smiling face, seeing him walk towards me. When we reach each other he wraps me in his arms, in what would appear to be a “Hello hug,” but I know better, I know that he won’t be letting me out of his arms for the rest of the morning. We look at each other, getting closer and closer, until we share a soft kiss; our way of saying good morning without words. I then stare into his eyes, and whisper hi, then asking him how is life is. I can see his smile in his eyes first, then spreading on his face. He answers my question before even being able to open his mouth to say, “Good. Very good.”

These mornings are no longer mine, instead, he spends them with Her. I merely look on with jealousy burning inside, and yet, I still manage to walk over with a smile and say, "Good morning."

stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other

this is really a great peice, i enjyed reading it

keep up the good work :D

otherpoet SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

This is an amazing piece of writing! I can feel what she feels as she walks through the parking lot.

MoonHeart SILVER, PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania
I feel this almost every day. I never want to admit it to myself or my friends, but it's the truth. Ever since my ex and i broke up, and he got together with her ive been feeling it. That little bit of jealousy burning inside of me. I'm better than her i know it, she's a jerk and acts like shes better than everyone and can do anything but it's like when i see them together it kills me.

Ender2 BRONZE said...
Ender2 BRONZE, Hemet, California
Very well-done, I loved it! But it makes single, unhappy-in-the-morning people like me quite sad. ;)

atimm2013 SILVER, Hartselle, Alabama

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

i think a lot of people have experianced this is some sense. i love it. very well written!