Reality in love. | Teen Ink

Reality in love.

By life_is_made_for_happiness BRONZE, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
life_is_made_for_happiness BRONZE, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

Their eyes meet, joyous music plays, and angels sing. The cliché love affair, we all know it. It’s hard to believe that anything like this could actually happen in real life. Romeo killing himself for Juliet, the man chasing after the woman and magically finding her right before her plane takes off. Fake love; the things that people try to make us believe can happen. I’m an optimist, but from personal experience, I can tell you that it doesn’t happen. You have gushy feelings for somebody, and in the end, an unhappy ending. Growing up with Prince Charming going after the girl he loves, thinking that everything can end happily, and they all live happily ever after. Major downer when you realize that it doesn’t happen. Forever isn’t real, and all endings aren’t happy. Why can’t there be a movie where the girl doesn’t get chased, the guy’s a total jerk to her, and they live sadly never after? I’ll tell you why, because reality doesn’t work in film.

Kind of a downer, but I needed to get it off of my chest.