To have and to let go | Teen Ink

To have and to let go

By Wanderingwriter BRONZE, St.Martiville, Louisiana
Wanderingwriter BRONZE, St.Martiville, Louisiana

’I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.’Philippians 4:13

There he stood.His broad figure gliding towards her.He was nothing like her last boyfriend,the one who cheated and left her.She was happy with him.He made her feel secure yet,she was still afraid.Afraid of laying her heart down again to just get trampled on.What if he left her? What if he treated her like her father treated her mother? An image of her mother floated in her mind.Her lips are cut and her eye is swollen and black.She shook her head to blocked the haunting image out.No.He was different.She would stop trying to run from him.She had been afraid all this time but God has truly given her the best man ever whom she realized she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.He met up with her and grabbed her hands in his.She looked into his deep brown eyes and confessed."When I saw you I was afraid to meet you.When I met you I was afraid to love you.Now that I love you,I'm afraid to lose you."He wiped the tear away that was running down her cheek."Kate," He said shaking his hand in his pocket." You can't be my girlfriend anymore." He looked down to avoid her gaze.Her heart dropped to her stomach.She thought for sure he was the one.The one who would love her for her whole life.She was speechless.He took a step back."Because I want you to be my wife."Then he unexpectedly got down on one knee and lifted an open box with a silver diamond ring in it.He had the biggest grin on his face seeing she had gone pail white.She wanted to slap it right off.She suddenly burst into laughter,the little girl in her vanished right there.All the foolish thoughts began to fade away.He was hers to have and her past was to let go.She threw herself into his arms knowing that she would be his,forever.

Letting go of the past,to make room for the future.

DawnieRae BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
I love this article! It flows really smoothly and is so sweet! I love it!