My Lovely Phantom | Teen Ink

My Lovely Phantom

By directorchick419 GOLD, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
directorchick419 GOLD, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania

"I'd wanted to stay on that porch with him until the sun shone bright on both of us, but i didn't. I stood up and walked down the steps. I'd rather chase the sun than wait for it." from I am the Messanger by Markus Zusak.

I’m sitting there on the love seat, alone. The cup of tea in my hand has grown cold with the hours, lonely with the empty years. I can’t help but glance to the void at my side. I want someone there, the yearnings have gotten so bad, it hurts. I’d take anyone there, but really, I know I’d only take him. I see him everywhere, but can never quite grasp him. Memories flicker through my mind, like an endless movie reel, but every time I reach out, they vanish, leaving me with nothing but my hand in the air. I can smell his fragrance on the pillow cases, but it’s faded to unrecognition. His hot breath tickles my neck, but painfully fades away, never does it linger. His eyes twinkled but they’ve dulled with each passing day. I used to hear his laughter, his voice, but now he is mute. The most painful though, I’ve lost the feel of his hand in mine. He’s phantom; I know he’s gone.

This was written in the lonely hours of evening, when you feel like you have nothing to do. In the back of your mind you know there is something to do, just no one to do it with.

Eggie94 BRONZE said...
Eggie94 BRONZE, Palmdale, California

"With great power comes great responsibility" --Bruce Wayne

You did a wonderful job at describing this feeling. I love it:)) Good Job!

carmensandiego BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia

"Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you've never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth."

So sad....BUT I know the feeling. I thought that you were very descriptive and I loved it!! :D

snowanngel BRONZE, Branson, Missouri

"Your I will is more important than your IQ."
"You learn more from your failures than you do your accomplishments."

Omg, this story is so relateable, I am kinna going through that right now! I know the feeling

artfullymade14 BRONZE, Chesapeak, Virginia

"Live as if you'll die tomorrow, dream as if you'll live forever."
-Unknown Author

s is great :) very descriptive. And I love what you said in quotes about theres always something to do but knowbody to do it with. I feel like that sometimes :) anyways great job keep writing :)

Musawwir21 SILVER, Toledo, Ohio

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

this is good im surpised no one hasnt commented on it yet good job !