The Libra Man | Teen Ink

The Libra Man

By ohmygoshitsjenn BRONZE, San Ramon, California
ohmygoshitsjenn BRONZE, San Ramon, California

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." William Wordsworth

You, Libra Man, are seductive. You are dangerous, you are alluring. With the hint of a smile you can win the heart of any woman you desire. You, Libra man, refuse to take ‘no’ for an answer. You are ruled by Venus, and the planets and stars are always aligned in your favor. You always win.

I myself am a Taurus Woman—loyal and diplomatic, stubborn and sometimes easily irritable. I am ruled by Venus, ruled by love. I, the Taurus Woman, am deeply passionate and sensual, but careful about whom I give my affection to.

Why you chose me, the Taurus Woman, I know not. But Libra Man, you’ve enchanted me with words sweeter than revenge and with eyes and a smile more haunting than the past. For the longest time I hated you for it, hated you for wrenching me out of my safe, protected world, for snatching my security blanket up and out of my grasp. There’s something to be said for it. For bringing down my walls with a wave of your hand. For making my heart thump so hard in my chest that it’s bound to break out and walk away on two legs and right into the palm of your hands. I used to hate you for it, but I’m not so sure now. While you frustrate me to no end, I also have some sort of revolting admiration for you in regards to the magic trick you’ve pulled on me. It’s pretty impressive, what you’ve accomplished. And you know it, suave, sophisticated Libra Man, for your half-assed grin shows it.

That grin. It makes my blood boil. It makes steam blow out of my ears like a teapot. Yes, my head was a teapot. And you seem to love it, for you are always making jokingly snide comments to set off my short fuse. Maybe you just want to drink the tea that I am brewing. No, I know you do. And what kills me is that I want you to drink that tea.

More often than not, you find me banging my tiny fists into your solid chest, and more often than not, you let out a small chuckle when I do just that. The laugh reminds me of one you’d give to a child playing on a playground or running with their arms out like they’re a plane flying far, far away. Your strong arms then usually encircle me, and instead of pushing you away like I tell myself I should do, I melt right into you.

You knock that teapot off my head from time to time to reveal my true face, my true demeanor. Yes, I still hate you on a daily basis. But I also love—am in love with you too. Because you wrenched me out of my safe, little world. Because you took away my security blanket. Because you make my heart thump in my chest like a child’s would at Christmas. Because you knocked the teapot off my head. You made me realize that while the world can be such a dreadful place, what with its hate and selfishness, it can also be so beautiful too.

I melted like chocolate into your arms, Libra Man, because you gave me hope. I was a ship lost at sea, and you are the light that brought me home into the safety of your harbor. And Libra Man, I hope you keep me there, and don’t let me stray into the waters of suspicion and mistrust that I once sailed, for your light was so alluring and so seductive, your way of saying hello so capturing, I can only imagine your way of saying goodbye is equally da**ing.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :)

austenite77 GOLD, Appleton, Wisconsin

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do

This is really cool, I love it!