Harbouring secrets (part 1) | Teen Ink

Harbouring secrets (part 1)

June 25, 2011
By Brayaparis BRONZE, Amboy, Washington
Brayaparis BRONZE, Amboy, Washington
3 articles 1 photo 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not measured my the breaths we take but, by the moments that take our breath away.


The bitter cold was nipping my ankles and wrapping my white dress around me. The lowering sun dulling the colors of the sky and reminding me that I had no choice but to stay with this stranger. I watched silently as he skillfully rearranged things on the dock, the ropes, the crates, he obviously had done this many times before. The sun that now stole the warmth with it replacing it with breaths of chilling winds dancing across the ocean top interrupting its calmness with small jutting waves. Causing me to grip my arms tight across my chest, my mid-waist mass of curly hair caught in the blustering breeze. The dust of the once busy roads began to settle in the small stuffy town close behind. Mothers, children , fathers franticly scurried to the comforting warmth of beloved home. Shutting blinds, the light from within a orange glow. The hum of town became silence. My eyes returned to him. I watched. He stayed, flixed never stopping as if nothing changed as if it simply stayed the same. Even when darkness slithered and the sky began to mourn with tears of rain. Night was claiming it’s time.