Afterlife Love | Teen Ink

Afterlife Love

June 11, 2011
By Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri
Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri
87 articles 108 photos 966 comments

Favorite Quote:
All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.


The jealously buzzed in my veins, because there is no blood left in them, and I watched as you brushed her hair back from her hair. You’ve done it to other girls, but this one, I think your going to stick with her, because your getting tired and she seems like an ok girl.


I don’t blame you for killing me, it was dark outside, and your headlights were really dim, you should have gotten them changed, but you were saving money for more important things that I don’t want to talk about. I had never actually met you until after I was deceased, but I do know more than even you know about yourself and I find you amazing. I wish I had moved to East Farmington sooner, so I would have met you and been able to be your sweetheart.


I see you go on your dates and kiss other girls and I feel like your killing me all over again. My soul follows the used path you leave behind and your always a bend ahead of me, which makes me run to catch up, but I always trip, because we are world’s apart.



I can see the black velvet box in your jeans pocket and I feel invisible tears slide down my cheeks. They are both of sadness for myself and happiness for you. Because you don’t even know me. Well, you sorta do. You learned my name and met my family at my funeral. I must say, those flowers you brought me were my favorite. White roses. Every time I see them I feel all sad inside, and you do too. I am throwing a lonely pity party for myself, but I’m glad you get to move on, since I’m never going to get the chance to.



Lucky you, she said “YES!” like sixty million times and then she just pecked you on the cheek and ran off to call everyone in her phone book. If that were me, it would have been WAY more romantic, but of course, kissing a dead person is both impossible and kinda gross. I still dream, you know?


She wanted white roses and you made her mad when you said no. You said it like a robot, so straight forward and cold, and I wish she could see my smirk, because we have a special flower, just me and you. And then you told her and I felt those invisible tears fill my eyes again. She brushed it off like a fly on her perfect shoulder and settled on white and red roses. I wanted to strangle her.


I’m standing next to you, at the front of the church. Your sweating, but I think it’s cute, how you get nervous about stuff like this. You were nervous like this in the hospital when they were trying to save me, and you even cried some when I didn’t make it. That was the worst night of both of our lives. Your tux is so cute on you and I wish I had gotten to wear a wedding dress for you, or anyone, but I never got to.


I cried, without tears, when you guys kissed, even more than your mom did, and she has tears. She should use them more, cause once they’re gone, they’re gone. I miss mine, even though they embarrassed me sometimes.


The night your first child was born the best night of my life since the night I died. It was a baby girl, with beautiful blue eyes like yours and that button nose I have always wanted. Your wife was kinda delusional and you asked her to name the baby Jenna Danielle, my name! Oh I was so happy, I cried and pretended that tears were falling from eyes and filling up buckets for the tearless, like myself. She said the name was so beautiful. Maybe she’s a little ok.


Jenna Danielle is one year’s old and you are feeding her birthday cake, like a wonderful daddy would. Jenna Danielle already had pretty blond hair, like your wife’s but it looks better on her. I watch Jenna Danielle sleep and I feel like her guardian angel. I think I can mange watching her grow up and watching you get old with your stupid wife, and maybe, just maybe, we can hang out after you die, too. I’ll ignore your wrinkles.


The author's comments:
I hope you like this story, I sure do! It's pretty sad, and I really hope everyone likes it. Please comment on it for me.