You of All People Part 2 | Teen Ink

You of All People Part 2

May 9, 2011
By Valhalla-is-calling GOLD, Waterboro, Maine
Valhalla-is-calling GOLD, Waterboro, Maine
13 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No parent should have to bury their own child." -Theodin


The only thing I remember was the crying. I was crying. But I had forgot why I had been crying. Now I remember. It was from the text you sent me. You had broke my heart. And the worst part was why. You had done it for another girl. One that I had once had so many sleepovers with. Her name was Kayley. I hate that name now. She had once been my best friend who I could tell anything to. Now she was a backstabbing liar that I could not stand. I hate her and you. You had once told me you loved me, but now, I’m not so sure. I wanted to just lie down on my bed and cry myself to death. I didn’t know that there was anything left living for. Until I met my new boyfriend, Jack.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
It had been two days since the breakup. I was still very sad and avoided him. I couldn’t stand to look at him because I was afraid that I would fall into those beautiful blue eyes. Then one day, a new kid came. His name was Jack Robinson and I was assigned as his partner to show him around.
“Hey. Well we’d better get this over with. What classes do you have?” I asked as I took his schedule. “Hmm...Look’s like you have all the same classes as me. This should be easy.” I said handing him his schedule back and walking away. I gestured for him to follow me. Jack was 5’7”, the same height as me. He had dark green eyes and black hair that went in his eyes. Honestly, to me, he looked sort of devilish.
“Well then lets get a move on, girl.” He told me.
“Excuse me. My name’s not “girl.” Its Lily Scott. And I’m no more excited about this as you are.” I said briskly as we were walking down the hall.
“Ok so our first class today is history.” I said trying to be patient with him.
“Yeah no shizz Sherlock.” He said.
“Well if you’re gonna be that way maybe you’d like to find your OWN way to history class!” I shouted at him
“Well I can just follow you then because I have the exact same classes as you.” He told me wisely. Keeping his cool. It infuriated me that he was so calm.
“Well then...” I said. “Maybe I should just go home and kill myself because I have nothing worth living for!” I shouted, tears streaming down my cheeks. I slowly sank to the ground, sobbing and shaking.
“Uhh...Are you okay Lily Scott?” He asked me. Probably trying to make me smile. But I had given up smiling when my first love severed my heart in two.
“No....There’s no point in living anymore. I don’t even know....What I’m doing here.” I sniffled as I tried to get up. But suddenly I felt a firm hand on my should and the Jack sank down beside me.
“Yes there is. You need to show me around.” He told me the way someone would talk to a baby. “Do you want to lean on me and cry for a while?” He asked me.
I sniffled and nodded as I leaned my head on his strong shoulder and cried my heart out.
“We should move somewhere other than the hallway so people don’t bother us when they come out of classes. Let’s go to my house. They can mark us absent if they want.” He asked me with the same voice.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The next day came around and I had become happier. Jack had sparked the light in me.
We had spent the whole afternoon at his house. Me telling him about the breakup, and him tell me about his life. He told me that his parents moved around a lot, so he didn’t plan to stay very long. But he said he wanted to spend the time he was here with me. I think this was his way of asking me out. I wasn’t sure.
“So, is this your way of asking me out?” I asked him.
“Maybe, maybe not. You’ll have to catch me to find out!” He said, getting up and running.
“You can run but you can’t hide!” I yelled as I began to chase him.
“You’ll never catch me! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha”
“Where did you go?” I asked, pretending not to know where he was hiding. I knew he was hiding beneath the table, trying hard to not make a sound. “Annnnd......I GOT YOU!” I screamed as I grabbed his hand and dragged him out from underneath the table.
“Arrgg!! OK, ok. You got me. Now I suppose you want me to answer your question? right Lily?” he asked, looking into my eyes.
“Umm...Yah, I was sort of hoping.” I replied, rolling my eyes.
“Well. Yes. That was my way of asking you out. Do you want to?”
“I’m not sure. i’m sort of afraid to.” I replied, getting up.
“Why?”
“Because I’m afraid to fall again.”
“Well this is different. This time, I’ll catch you.” He said. Dragging me back down beside him. We were laying side by side, heads right next to each other.
“Lily, I’ve never met anyone like you. You really connect with me.” He said, earnestly.
“Really? Let’s not get too mushy. I hate that.” I said, cracking a smile.
“Ok then.” He said as he leaned over to kiss me. I was ready for this moment. I wanted to kiss him so badly, but something inside my heart was holding me back. But still, I let him kiss me.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The next day, I went to the lake with Jack, and James was there too. I decided to make him wish that he had never left me. He was alone so it looked like he had broken up with his last girlfriend.
“Hey, Jack. I’m gonna go lie in the sun for a while. You can go swimming if you want to.” I said as I went over to him and kissed him. Making sure James was watching.
“Ok babe. Call me if you wanna leave.” He said as he took his shirt off and went into the water.
So I went over grabbed my towel, and set it down in the sun. I then shot a quick glance over to where James was to find that he was glowering at me. It was like he was saying that he disapproved of me and Jack together. He then got up and walked out of the water, grabbing his shirt as he walked towards me.
“Hey.” He said casually, sitting down beside me.
“What do you want, James? I’m here with my boyfriend you know.” I told him, looking away.
“Yes. I noticed you...And him. I broke up with Stephanie last night.” Stephanie was his last girlfriend.
“Cool. Why should I care?”
“Listen, Lily. I can’t stop thinking about you. Every single night I curse myself for breaking up with you. I know I hurt you and you probably want to kill me right now, but I wanted to tell you that I never stopped loving you. You are my everything, and I never wanna let you go again.”
I stared at him, dumbfounded. “Well-”
“HEY! What are you doing talking to my girlfriend, b****?” Jack said, storming towards us.
“Jack, baby, this was my last boyfriend. He was only saying he’s sorry for breaking up with me.” I told him, trying to save James’ skin.
“Shut up. I wasn’t talking to you.” He said. Pointing a finger at me.
“Hey. That’s not how you talk to a girl. You need to tell them you love them.” James said, taking my hand in his.
“Back off dude! She’s mine!!!” Jack was shouting now.
“Well she was mine first! So I think YOU need to back off, jerk.” James said.
“HEY!!!!!” I shouted. “I don’t even know why I liked both of you. You both are obviously not mature enough to let some other guy talk to me.” I told Jack. “And you! Your even more un mature for telling him that I loved you first! I am done with both of you! Never talk to me again!!!” I screamed as I ran off. Tears streaming down my face from both anger and sadness.
“Lily! Wait!” Yelled James, Jack still dumbfounded from what I had just told him. “Lily. Please.” He whispered to me as he grabbed my hand.
“Leave. Me. Alone. Didn’t I tell you not to talk to me?” I said, not turning around.
“Yes, but Lily. Please. Just listen to me. I love you. I never stopped loving you. I wanna be with you forever. So please. Just give me one more chance.” He said, pleading with me.
“Fine. But only one more chance. If you hurt me one more time, then I will dump you and move to another state.” I said.
“Works for me.” He said as he walked in front of me and crouched down so that I was looking him in the eye. “Lily Scott, I love you and I promise I will never, EVER let you fall again.” He said.
“James, I missed you so so so much!” I said as I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. He then kissed me and I knew that he was telling the truth when he said he loved me. And I loved him back.
“Lily. How could you tell me you love me, and then I find you here with him?” Asked a voice behind me. I knew right off that it was Jack. By now, all of the people had left the lake, so we were the only three there. “How dare you steal my girl. I will kill you for that.” Jack said as he pulled a knife out of his sweatshirt pocket.
“Jack! Don’t! If you kill him then I will never, ever love you again!” I said frantically, trying to protect James’ body with my own.
“Lily, you never loved me to begin with. I knew that from the first time we kissed. You always loved him.” And now, I will kill him so he will feel the pain I feel now.” Jack said, never taking his eyes off of his target.
“James! Get out of here! He’ll catch you and then I’ll never get to hold you again!” I screamed at James, trying to push him away.
“No, Lily. I need to face Jack like a man. Defending what he loves.” James told me as a grayness filled his piercing blue eyes. “Even if it means death.”
“James, please. I love you. You said you never wanted to let me go. So don’t. Please.” I pleaded. I didn’t want to live without him.
“Lily, please move. And if I die, then I will always be with you. I will be with you always. So please, move.” He said as he lowered his gaze to meet mine.
“Oh, James.” I cried as I wrapped my arms around him for what I hoped would not be the last time. I kissed him as I moved aside, to let him meet his fate.
“Finally! I thought it would never end!” Jack said, laughing. “Time to die, lover boy. Ha ha ha ha ha.” Jack said, lunging at James’ heart. But I was crazy out of sadness and anger. I threw myself in front of the blade, and I pierced my heart, and I could feel Jack twisting the blade out of anger. Suddenly, I felt the knife leave my body and saw Jack with his own knife driven through his face. Then, blackness.


The author's comments:
Here's part two of You of All People Part 1.