The Love | Teen Ink

The Love

January 26, 2011
By mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
64 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Illigitimi non carborundum!

Alea Iacta est!


I never wanted to fall in love nor did I ever intend to do so. But you see, there was this dancer, ballet dancer. Her face glowed whenever she was in the room and her smile seemed to go on for eternity. Her parents were rich and I was poor, with a few things in my pocket. Not including my parents, I was the poorest thing on the block. Including my parents, I was well to do. But, my romance seekers, I’m not going to tell you how beautiful she was or how she had very best clothes, great sense of humor, and oh, her perfume was that of black raspberries in the middle of summer, ripe and ready to be plucked straight off the branch. Any ways, I must tell to you, my love seeking friends that I was never to have her or any man in the world. She was the untamed beast and shrew of the North, South, East, and West. Often, she danced in the falling snow, a ballerina amongst falling snowflake ballerinas that sailed out of the sky. Watching her, I often felt my heart melt in sadness as I realized that she was never to be mine, a friend or a foe. So, I grew and she grew and I watched, while she went about the world, laughing and dancing. Now, to the ones who read this, you might be asking: Why can’t you just be a man and ask her out?
Well, ha, ha, ha, my friends; this is the answer. How can I ask her out, when I am dead (and in heaven) and she is alive (and on earth)?