Blue Eyed Demon | Teen Ink

Blue Eyed Demon

By Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio

Her pale, angelic skin in the moon’s dim light shimmered delicately against the black. She held a knife, the blade gleaming.

A voice like the sound of raindrops ran free but soft. “Take me,” her voice echoed through the corridor. “Take me away from this horrid prison.” She finished, stone eyes like bottomless pits fixed intently on something far away. Something impossible to reach.

He stepped back, drew in much-needed breath, and faced the much-too stunning young woman he had stumbled upon. He narrowed his eyes into slits and held his breath again. She was so beautiful that it hurt to look at her. “Why would you ever want to leave?” He asked, drawing nearer to her. She studied him long and hard. He did the same, taking time to imprint in his mind every detail. Her long, thick hair was pitch black, her face a pure white. Her bright blue eyes were terrifying; cat-like, in a way. She closed her eyes, then opened them slowly. She seemed amused but still so serious.

She glared at him, her mouth twisted into this confusing and utterly chilling smile. She gazed into his warm brown eyes and then looked over his muscular build, his dark hair smoothed back over his head. He was quite handsome, she decided. With a kind mouth and sharp tongue. She drew in his thoughts, his dreams… then placed her hand over his chest. He jumped, shocked at how cold her skin was. It was like ice, but soft and gentle. She smiled, white fangs sharp and threatening. She sunk her teeth into her bottom lip, dark blue blood dripping to the stone floor. He gasped, then caught himself as she took her hand off his bare chest and curled her lips into a devilish grin, a line of blood streaming down her chin. She closed her mouth and glided away, her black cape wafting behind her.

“Wait!” He called, in a loud whisper. “Please, stop!” He pleaded. She froze in her steps. Slowly, she turned around, and gracefully flowed back to him, her eyes mocking him. She sensed his fear of her, but also his bravery. She stared blankly at him while he struggled for words.

“Who are you?” He finally asked. She lifted her arms, slid them around his neck, and touched her forehead to his. He breathed heavily, his heartbeat quickening. She tried to hide her pleasure, keeping her mind fixed on what she had impulsively planned. She brushed her cold lips against his, threatening him. He was mesmerized completely, something she had expected.

“Who am I?” She asked scornfully, rhetorically. “Of course you wouldn’t know.” She hissed. She moved her arms again, slowly, sliding them down his back. He shivered. The point of her knife pressed into his skin, stinging harshly. Warm red blood tricked down his skin, making him flinch. She kissed him again, pushing him down with incredible force to the stone floor. She lay on top of him, taunting him, and freezing him to death.

“No, I do not.” He whispered, trying to keep his voice from quivering. He lay completely still, barely able to stand it anymore. She kissed his neck, biting the smallest bit and sucking his fresh blood. She swept her lips across his, knowing she had nearly won. Then, he gave in, kissing her, wrapping his arms around her frost-bit skin. He could not help himself. He cut his lips on her fangs as she laughed under her breath, sliding her finger through the pool of blood on his chin. She put her finger in her mouth, her eyes turning wild; practically glowing.

“I do not exist…” She slurred, her velvet voice thick with ice. “I…” she paused and smoothed her fingers through his rich black hair. He trembled, his face contorted into a frightened but daring grimace. She licked his lips, soaking up any blood she could. “I am your storybook creature-” she went on. “A legend from your foolish scrolls.” She scowled. She let go of him, standing up as he tried to unfreeze from his helpless position.

“What are you?” He asked, his mouth twitching.

“A nightmare, according to your people.” She spat. He could tell she was livid. But then the knife suddenly dropped from her hands. “Yet- I do believe that you can help me.”

I was wondering if I should continue with this piece. What do you all think? :D

Leann14 GOLD said...
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
Thanks;) I'm not really a vampire fan either... it tends to turn cliche quickly... but I like to experiment. So thank you!

Coffee BRONZE said...
Coffee BRONZE, Tallahassee, Florida

Your Face.

This is cool, and I agree, intense. i'm not normal much of a vampire fan....but I like that it's the girl that's the vampire in this story. Anyway, I thought it had a uniqe twist.

Leann14 GOLD said...
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
thanks so much. ;)

aDreamer GOLD said...
aDreamer GOLD, Redondo Beach, California

everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege

the pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous notion, if you pursue happiness you'll never find it

a hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver for 5 minutes longer

i reeealllllly like this. its very intense and i lovee it. great job:)

XxDream_in_ColorxX SILVER, Ocean Springs, Mississippi

“It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined.” -John Green, Paper Towns

Haha Yeah.  I want to see how he helps her though, if he does. =]

Leann14 GOLD said...
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
thanks haha it was kind of an experiment...:) more detail on setting and reason later maybe lol

I was a bit confused about the setting, and I had to read it over a few times to understand why the woman did some of the things she did.  I did love the detail you put into this though.  I'd love to see this piece continued.