Pieces of time… | Teen Ink

Pieces of time…

By stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other

The clock struck one , I was late for my interview. I grabbed my purse and coat, and ran downstairs. I stood by the edge of the street and waited for a cab, but for coincidence there were no cabs available, how lucky am I?
I had to run , or actually to walk really fast in high heals, when I reached the building I stood for a while before I entered , took a breath drank some water, and entered.
When I entered it was one fifteen, good my meeting is at one twenty I said to myself. I pressed the elevator button and waited for a while, a man stood beside me waiting also. He smiled and said hello, I smiled back.
It took the elevator about a minute to arrive, and when it did I rushed in and clicked on the 22 floor, the man didn’t click. He smiled and shook his head. Suddenly my phone rang, I answered it and put it in my purse.
As I put my phone in my purse the light in the lift turned off, and the elevator stopped moving we were still in the fifth floor, suddenly I panicked and fell to the floor of the elevator. I have a phobia from the darkness. , a really bad one.
I passed out for about two minutes, but woke up after I sensed someone hitting me on the face, and yelling.
The man , till now I don’t know his name, bent to me and said "what's wrong, are you frightened?", I barely could breathe but I was able to say yes. He then took his cell phone, and turned it on. Finally light I said in my mind, he then asked "darkness phobia?".
I still couldn’t speak, so instead I nodded my head twice. He smiled, and moved his hand to my purse took my phone out, and turned it on. He smiled and said "they'll fix it , don’t worry…".
Seconds after he told me that, the light turned on, and I saw his face one more time, now I saw him really. He was so beautiful, black thick hair, wide green eyes and amazing pursed lips. He was so beautiful, and I was laying down between his hands, as I saw him my mouth fell open and couldn’t react. He smiled , an amazing smile and said "are you okay?". I was more than okay, I smiled back and said "I am fine.".
When we reached the twenty second floor, paramedics were there, it seemed that he had called them when I passed out. They all rushed to me, he had to move go away , but I wanted him aside. But I couldn’t do anything, they lifted me out of the elevator and put me on a stretcher, it took them about two to three minutes to do that.
Now it was one forty five, I was fine, no longer panicked. After the paramedics were away from me, I started searching for the man that grabbed me, the man whom I know nothing about. But I couldn’t see him, he must have went away, I have lost him I said to myself.
The secretary told me that she had postponed my interview till two days from now, meaning Wednesday.
Thirty five hours from the incident I had my meeting. This time I wasn’t so late, but also couldn’t find a cab, so instead of running I walked. I reached the building and directly entered, as I waited by the elevator , a man came and stood beside me. Before I looked into his eyes I hoped that it will be him, the man that I saw last time. I lifted my head slowly and turned to face him, it wasn’t him I was disappointed.
I entered the elevator and clicked on the twenty second floor. This time nothing happened on the way, as I reached the secretary told me that he was waiting for me . My boss to be, I smiled politely and entered. As I opened the door, and raised my head to face my boss to be, it was him. The elevator man, I smiled and looked at my watch one forty five, the same time I lost him, but now I had found him.
He smiled, and said "My name is Jake Robinson, you must be Kathleen".

on Dec. 9 2010 at 11:08 am
stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
thx for your comment!!!

brunett97 GOLD said...
brunett97 GOLD, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

never give up until you are happy with the ending.

very good job. this is a well  written piece. keep up the good work.