baleigh's somg | Teen Ink

baleigh's somg

November 21, 2010
By Taylor_Renee GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota
Taylor_Renee GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota
10 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dream as if you will live forever,
Live as if you will die tomorrow.


i stepped under the branches of the bigg droopy willow tree. the evening sun setting making the under side of the branches were i stood look magnifacently beautiful. i walked close to the brick wall in the back closing in the school. i felt the leaves of the willow tree, soaking in its beauty. "baleigh" a deep voice called.
I looked back to see who was calling my name. oh my it is Jericho. I thought. "how did you get here?" i asked
"walked"
"no i mean how did you get over to the girls campus, how did you get passed the guards"
"i have my ways" he grinned.
"what do you want"
"to see you babe"
i stared what is up with him why does he harass me." why dont you just go be with your girlfriend"
"i am"
"i am not your girlfriend"
but you wanna be" he got really close to my face, his lips was so close to mine, his breath warm on my face.
"no" i stated and walked away from him, but then turned back to look.
His ice blue eyes dragged up and down my body. A giant smile curved on his face. He was wearing a a plain white tee shirt and black skiny jeans. he had shaggy brawn hair and was nicely built, but he was also a jerk. "so i was wondering if you wanted your journal back" he raised one eyebrow, while his cocky attitude raised with it.
"you stole my journal?" i asked. angry that he always had to harass me.
"yeah but i will give it back if you come to a party with me" he grinned. i got really close anger ignighted in me."GET-A-LIFE" I yelled. he placed his hand on my shoulder and i flicked it off then i gave him the nicest fake smile i could and said " party on"
I walked to the back and prayed he wouldnt fallow but he did anyway. " but you want your journal back right?" he asked.
"yes" i frowned
"well then since you don't want to party with me i guess we will make a deal"
"what?"
"you go to prom with me and i will give you your journal back"
hahah no way"
"well then i guess you dont need this" he said and took his hand out behind his back and shownd me my journal. i lunged for it but he pushed me back against the wall. " no no no"
His arms flung up on the wall next to me, blocking me in.
"so yes or no"
"fine i will go with you but i want my journal back now"
"do you think i am an idiot, you dont get this back till after the dance."
I looked up and tears started to fill my eyes. the tears blotched the colors together. all the greens, red, pink, purple,and blues mixed. the wind wiped my blac hair infront of my face. Jericho reached up and with the tip of his finger slid it behind my ear the traced down my jaw line. I looked at him deep in his ice blue eyes and pushed him as hard as i could then ran faster then i ever have before. And like he always does he follows and grabs my arm. "hey hey" he grinned.
I turned to face him and frowned wiping the tears from my eyes. "what do you want?"
"i need to tell you something." he frowned and looked really upset.
"what?"
"i wasnt always this bad i used to be a really nice kid"
"why did you change?"
"it was a few years back, me and my mother where in a car and while i went into to get a drink for my mother, out of nowhere i hearde a gun shoot." he paused and even before he said it i knew what hadd happened.
"oh god" i whispered.
"she was shot she had not died yet when i got there. but i sat with her there till her heart stoppoed beating." he finished.
"why are you telling me this?" i questioned.
"because i..... well.... i really like you" he sighed.
i freezed.... did he just say he liked me.