Too in-sync | Teen Ink

Too in-sync

November 12, 2010
By writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
11 articles 8 photos 261 comments

Favorite Quote:
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce


Even from the start, it was like our thoughts needed no acquainting. Like we’d known each other all along. Like a distant memory from another life. We finished each other’s thoughts, we said and did what the other was thinking. It was great, for a while, until we both made the same mistake. Why both our minds chose to think similarly at that moment I still don’t know. It clearly hurt you. So what gave you the idea? The more I think about it, the more it, ironically enough, seems like our minds have just been circling each other since the moment we met. They just sprung back into orbit like they had never been apart before, like this was completely natural, like they were best friends. Is it possible that somehow, your mind saw my thoughts? Or did both our thoughts just think the same thing at the same time? First we both had the simultaneous ideas that we need to go our separate ways. Then after eight months, we suddenly realized, also at the same time, that these paths still intersect too much. We realized we need to go back to where it started. And again, our minds sprung into action, you taking the words right from my mouth when I didn’t finish my explanation. Again, it was like those excruciating eight months of diligent avoiding and biting remarks had never even happened. But no, they happened. Our minds orbited each other in a feudal storm, neither winning, both loosing. Why did we fight a loosing battle? Why did we let ourselves come to such petty mistakes, such hurtful decisions? Perhaps this tells us that we should try to take care of each other; we are just too in-sync to throw this orbit away.


The author's comments:
Let me know what you think! This was inspired by something that I had a front row seat to watch and somehow it really struck home with me.