Collide | Teen Ink

Collide

By EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts
EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

"Angela, the first second I met you, I fell in love with you. I only went out with all those other girls to make you jealous, baby."
My heart was boiling with fury and my mind raged with anger. I had heard this lecture before and these words had been spoken hundreds of times.
"Please, will you go out with me?"
I had tried to avoid that question. You didn't catch on even after all my angry looks and distressed sighs? I closed my eyes and prayed that you would disappear when I let them open again. My eyelids slowly lifted up but I quickly shut my eyes when I saw that you were still standing in front of me.

Please go away.
Go away.
PLEASE.
Don’t do this.
Why do you insist on having your way all the time?
Not every girl will fall for you.
You have to realize that.

“Angela, I’m still here you know. You can’t just close your eyes and expect that everything will be okay. It won’t be perfect. Nothing is perfect. Well, everything might be perfect if you answered with a simple ‘yes.’ ”

“I’m sorry, Brendan. I can’t do this anymore.”

“Oh come on, really, Ang? ‘You can’t do this anymore?’ Like I haven’t heard that before.”

“Well, maybe you wouldn’t have heard it before if you weren’t such a jerk. If you actually cared about me, our whole story would be told a lot differently.”

“What story? WE HAVE NO STORY. You just walked away, while I held onto you. I HELD ONTO YOU. If I didn’t care about you, I would have let you go.”

“No, if you REALLY, REALLY, TRULY cared about me, you would have let me run away.”

“Can we not do this now? JUST ANSWER.”

“It’s a no Brendan. It is a NO.”

“But why??????”

“See this is what I hate about you. You ask me why I say no, when I already explained a thousand times. You just don’t understand.”

“Well help me understand then.”

“You hurt me Brendan. You hurt me.”

“How did I hurt you?”

“You remember. You just won’t admit you actually slipped up.”

“Fine, don’t date the sexiest, most amazing, most talented guy in the world. I will never forget you babe. I love you.”

“Oh just save it for your next girlfriend Brendan! You’ve ‘loved’ every single girl you ever thought you had a chance with.”

“Have it your way.”

“Bye, Brendan.”

“Goodbye, Angela.”
And as I walked away I heard him mumble, “You’re beautiful.”

I slammed my foot against a locker and he shut up. Finally silence. Pure, beautiful, simple silence.

I never thought I would ever have silence.
I hadn’t had silence in a very long time.

And this is how our story begins…
This is where Brendan’s path and my path collide.

It all started way back when…

PART 1 <3

tell me what you think, i am always happy to have people share their opinions on my stories.