EC+WM=4never (4) | Teen Ink

EC+WM=4never (4)

August 10, 2010
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


April 3, 2010
11:15 a.m.
Will’s Car

Will and I sat in his car, our lips pressed up against eachother, his hands tangled in my hair, my body temperature rising feverishly, my heart racing. This was perfect. Because at that moment, nothing else mattered. It was just Will and I. Nothing else seemed to exist. It was the same kind of magic that had occurred earlier when our eyes had met.
Except about a million times better, because I was getting to make out with Will. And he was actually kissing me back willingly this time. He wasn’t still hung up on Valerie. He wasn’t all head-over-heels about his girlfriend, Josie.
I gasped and jolted away from him. He was still dating Josie. He’d never broken up with her.
“What’s wrong?” he inquired, looking concerned.
“Uh, I just remembered something.” I told him. “You still have a girlfriend.”
“Oh my gosh,” he murmured, his eyes going wide. “I completely forgot all about Josie. I’m so sorry.”
“It’s no problem. I just think that it would probably be best for you to break up with her before we build a real relationship.” I informed him. I didn’t want be with him while he was still with Josie. I was still a bit upset that he’d cheated on Valerie. I didn’t want him cheating on anyone else, even if it was with me.
After what happened with Dad, I’d realized just how awful it felt to find out that someone you loved was cheating on you, or in my case, cheating on my family. In a way, I could see why Valerie had gone completely crazy. She was probably so full of anger, hate, and sadness that she didn’t know how to control herself after Will had cheated on her. But wanting to murder me with an ice mallet was going a little overboard. I was still a little confused about that, but at the same time it kind of made sense.
She probably still loved Will, yet hated him at the same time. So when she thought that I was in love with him, she was angry with me. She probably thought that if she couldn’t have Will, nobody could. And I saw where she was coming from. But I was still angry that she’d actually wanted to kill me.
“You’re absolutely right.” Will agreed with a nod of his head. “I’ll call her right now if you want.”
“Sure,” I replied, smiling to myself. He was really serious about this. He was actually going to dump Josie for me. “I’ll give you some privacy.” I said, opening up the passenger side door and stepping out of his car as he pulled out his cell phone. Then I headed over to my own car and got in, turning on the radio.
After we’d left Nina’s apartment building, we’d both driven to the same vacant parking lot Nina had left me at. We’d decided that this would be a suitable place for us to spend the night.
I sighed contentedly to myself and turned up the volume when “Airplanes” by B.o.B. and Hayley Williams came on. Things had worked out so well with Will that I’d almost forgotten about the incident with Nina that had occurred earlier. But now as I recalled what had happened, I found myself not really caring. After all, I never had to see that crazy witch again. My dad could enjoy whatever time he had left with her, but then she’d be done with him and gone from his life forever.
I’d already kicked her out of my life. If Dad was smart, he’d do the same thing as me before it got to be too late. But he wouldn’t. He was too in love with the idea of her being in love with him to do that.
I sighed, wishing that Dad had never even met Nina. Then we wouldn’t be in this mess. But was Dad just with Nina because he’d convinced himself that he loved her? Or was it because he really didn’t love Mom anymore, and wanted someone else in his life instead of her? I’d never thought about that before. But now that I was thinking about it, I was extremely curious. Although, it wasn’t like I could just go ask Dad, because he would only explain how deeply in love he was with Nina. And I couldn’t trust him enough to decipher whether or not that was true.
Will tapped on my window, startling me and causing me to jump. I smiled weakly at him and got out of the car. But before I got a chance to ask him how the break-up went, he spoke. “What’s wrong?” he inquired, his voice concerned. He’d obviously noticed my change in emotions.
“It’s nothing.” I told him. “I was just thinking about things with my Dad. It’s not a big deal.”
But his eyes remained concerned. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked me. I knew that if I said yes, he’d willingly sit down and listen to every word I said. Because that was just the kind of guy that Will was. He was caring and loyal and faithful. He was perfect. At least in my eyes he was. I obviously knew that he had flaws, but he covered them up pretty well with all of his great attributes.
“No, that’s ok.” I assured him. “I want to hear how the break-up went. She wasn’t too upset, was she?”
“Surprisingly, no.” he replied. “She actually took it really well. I just told her that the long-distance thing wasn’t working, and that I’d met someone else who I was into. She was really understanding about it, and it turns out that she actually really likes my friend, Vince. So they’re probably going to go out anyways.”
“That’s great,” I said, grinning in relief. I wouldn’t have wanted to steal the girl’s boyfriend away and then leave her completely heartbroken.
“Yeah, definitely,” he said. But his voice sounded a bit uneasy. He was probably just letting the break-up sink in though. After all, he’d just dumped his girlfriend over the phone. I totally understood if he was a little upset. So I just let it go.
“So what do you usually do all day? After all, you’re all by yourself, living in your car. Don’t you get bored?” I queried, deciding to change the subject.
“Not much,” he admitted. “I mostly just drive around. Sometimes I’ll stop and walk around for a little while too… Oh, I go to the library a lot too.” He sounded a bit sheepish when he said this, almost as if he was embarrassed to tell me that he went to the library. Probably because it didn’t go along with his “bad boy” style.
“Don’t be embarrassed about it.” I told him, laughing. “I like a guy who reads.”
He raised a dark eyebrow at how lame that had sounded, and I ended up laughing even more. “You’re just saying that because you don’t want to make me feel bad. But don’t worry. You can be honest. Just go ahead and tell me the truth. You think I’m some lame bookworm now, right?” He wasn’t actually offended. He was actually trying to hold back his own laughter.
“Come on, I don’t think you’re a lame bookworm.” I told him sincerely. “In fact, I love to read. So if you’re a lame bookworm, then so am I.”
He grinned and took my hand in his, “Good, now I know I’m not the only one.” He guided me over to his car and opened up the passenger side door for me.
“Thank you, sir,” I told him with a playful grin.
“Welcome, m’am,” he replied, his eyes twinkling as a smile spread across his lips. He walked around the car and got into the driver’s seat, starting up the engine.
“So where are we headed?” I asked him.
“The library,” he told me, shooting me a coy smile.
“Sounds good to me,” I told him. “But are you sure it’s ok to just leave my car here?” I asked. I didn’t want to come back and find that my car had been stolen.
“Yeah, I leave my car in empty parking lots like this all the time. Nothing’s going to happen to it.” he assured me.
“If you say so,” I said, still a little worried. But I trusted Will. And if he told me that my car would be fine, then I believed him. So we headed over to the library, and soon enough, I’d completely forgotten that I was ever worried about my car.


The author's comments:
Sorry it took so long to upload haha...here's chapter 4 though :)