Recontrer(2) | Teen Ink

Recontrer(2)

August 16, 2010
By ilove2read124 GOLD, Dix Hills, New York
ilove2read124 GOLD, Dix Hills, New York
11 articles 0 photos 66 comments

See, the reason I asked Alexa is because she knows everything about everyone. She has this little notebook where she writes everything down, and is constantly erasing and changing stuff in it. She kind of reminds me of Harriet the Spy. But don't think people tell her these things, oh hell no, she figures them out. Give her one or two things, and she'll know everything about somebody in less than an hour. It's a little scary sometimes. Not to mention, she's amazing at reading people. But that's why we're best friends.

She grins and answers my question. “I know, right? His name's Vladimir Ville.”

My heart stops. I'm completely shocked. I don't know if I'm more astonished that he's here, or that I'm finally seeing him after, what has it been?4 years? No, no, only 3.I bet you're all wondering why this boy's name strikes my heart cold. Well, see, when I was 14, I met a boy through Kim, (one of my other vampire best friends who sadly, doesn't go here.) His name was Vlad Ville and we became such good friends, and I loved him and he loved me. I think it was totally puppy love. We never went out because of the Muslim thing, but we were constantly teasing each other and telling each other we loved the other. But then one night, we were flirting, and he didn't text back for a while. I started to get worried, but soon enough, he texted me back, but I knew something was different. He said he hated me and that if he ever had said he loved me, it was all a lie and that I was to never talk to him again. I was hurt and confused, but it wasn't the first time he had lied to me. So, I completely shut him out of my life. Until now.

I can't help but leave a little hurt in my voice as I say, “Vlad?”

A confused look crosses Alexa's face, but it dissipates, because she knows soon enough she'll figure out what's up. But curiosity overwhelms her and she asks, “You know him?”

“I used to.”But my voice shows none of the previous hurt as it takes on an unfamiliar, icy tone. I involuntarily stand up to due false bravado that leaves me as soon as I open my mouth to call out to Vlad. I'm immediately furious at myself to let some hurt creep back into my voice, as I ask, “Vlad?”

He turns and looks around for who said it. His eyes find mine, and I've never seen eyes switch with emotion so fast. At first they're filled with anger. Then confusion and his brow smooths over, he gives me a once-over glance. Checking me out, and I resist the urge to cover myself up. His eyes, hold appraising, then I see his eyes meet up with mine, then hes confused again,but I can't move. I'm lost in his green eyes again after all these years. His eyes light up with recognition and part astonishment. But as I look deeper, I notice there's also part hurt. Almost as if he can't believe it himself, he says, “Scarlett? Is that really you?”


The author's comments:
Part two of my story =]