Please stop lying...Continued | Teen Ink

Please stop lying...Continued

July 29, 2010
By MilesToTravel BRONZE, Homedale, Idaho
MilesToTravel BRONZE, Homedale, Idaho
4 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
May the odds be EVER in your favor- Effie Trinket


“Please tell me he's alright. Stop lying to me!” My mom forced me out of the room and she grabbed me but my arms. “Kylie stop! This hurts I know but Jeff's gone and-” “No! Shut up I hate you all!” I cried as I turned and fled out of the hospital away from everything away from Jeff. He promised he wouldn't hurt me and he did he left. Life is stupid. We are all born with one purpose to die. We fall in love and our punishment having the person you love snatched from you. My throat swelled up and my tears flowed freely I love you Jeff I thought before I jumped off the bridge.

I remember that like if it were yesterday. After I jumped off the bridge I realized that I was going to hurt everyone I loved and that if Jeff had a choice he would have chosen to live. By that time it was too late. I was falling quickly and I braced myself before the icy water sliced my skin. I took a deep breath and fell under. When I resurfaced I realized the current was strong. I let it carry me downstream for a long time until I felt the current weaken. Then I swam giving everything I had, every last inch of energy. I climbed ashore weakened and tired. I slept outside, drenched with water not knowing what my future awaited. The only predictable thing about the future is uncertainty.

My friends and family had already past me as dead. When I returned to my hometown about a month later. I was about six hours from my hometown and I didn't make it back that month. There was a headstone for Jeff and me. I cry and realized I had already hurt them and if I went back I would be a shame. I walked out with my feelings empty and only guessing that love died with the soul. Mine was buried five feet underground.

“I Kylie Anne Pierce, take you Jeff Johnathan Silver to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until d-death do us apart.” That said I let myself fall asleep in the river that I never climb out of with a smile on my lips. No it wasn't suicide it was me fulfilling my destiny, because we are all born to die.


The author's comments:
The title is a bit wrong but I didn't know how the story was going to end. I just winged it. :)