chapter one: the night he returned | Teen Ink

chapter one: the night he returned

By weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

The deep purple skies showed an absolute beauty. The greenery of the trees was unknown. You could only see the silhouette of every thing around you. But what some people call darkness is what I call beauty. Because night included a purple sky not a black one even on the night of a new moon.

So as I sat there on the tiny swing, soaking in the evening beauty. I noticed not the figure coming toward me but the trees, the black moon, and the purple sky.

"Sophie," the figure said.

The voice was one I didn't want to hear. I didn't look. I didn't want to listen, but I heard every word. He took a step forward and stood beneath the street light. He was a tall, skinny, light brown haired guy. He was Aoran Martinez aka ex-boyfriend that broke up with a text message.

I didn't see his face then and I don't want to see it now. I never wanted to see it again.

"Go away." I whispered.

"No," he replied.

"You left then, you can leave now."

"I'm not leaving."

"Why?" I asked harshly. "Something holding you down?"

"Yeah," he answered. I got up. I didn't want to hear it anymore. "You."

"That's not the right answer. The right answer would be that whatever we had is gone. Whatever mattered doesn't matter anymore. The right answer would be that we should leave right now. Good-Bye." I stomped away, but stomping did not compete with running. He caught me within the next ten steps. "Let go." I complained.

Again he disagreed.

"Stop it! Let go! Let ME go! You did it before so do it again. I got hurt last time! Don't do that to me! Just don't okay? Let go!" I yelled. But I couldn't escape fast enough. The tears fell too fast for my fingers to wipe away. I was immobilized and I stood crying as he held me down. It felt like he was pushing me downwards and I was going to fall. I knew I was going to fall because he let me drop before.

But he continued holding me. He had his arms around me. He let my tears fall on his shoulder. He let me lean on him. But it still hurt. The warmth was familiar, but so was the pain. When the worse of my sobs subsided I pulled myself free. As I did my head shook side to side. It said no. It said never again.

Slowly, I made my way out of the scene. He didn't stop me. He just watched my fading figure and I never turned back to look at his.

just a sad love story inspired by a real love story.

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

aww:) thankyoou! you actually made me happy cry<3 ahaha, and this is actually continued to chapter six:) i hope you've seen it ! THANKYOU SO MUCH

skisoul96 GOLD said...
skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today
its already tomorrow in Australia.

dramatic is good but its not real, like does that happen every other day? when a reader reads something too melodramatic then they just think "this only happens in books" and they can't connect to it. but when a reader is reading s/t they go through or can picture themselves go through they have a more smooth and enjoyable read.

Haleyelizabeth, Wallingford, Vermont

"If it's meant to be, it'll happen."

what are you talking about? I love dramaticccc.

Haleyelizabeth, Wallingford, Vermont

"If it's meant to be, it'll happen."

Ahhh. Oh My goshh. This was amazing. Loved itttt. Please continue onto this -- i'm going to be hanging, trying to think of what you'll come up with next. I wishhh this was mine. I'm SO jealous of you! 

You should think about going to the Teenink NYC Summer Program. I'm not going. I'm not very good i writing, i just love it. 

This has made my day. Thank You!(:

writer500 BRONZE, Putnam, New York
This is good I liked it! Check out some of my begining works-writer 500

just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other

"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester

Really well written, I'm not into love stories that much but yours was good. Keep it up ! :)

deathbycrayons BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina

"Smile and make them think theres no place else you'd rather be." -Paramore

I wish you would've written more to this. It ended to fast but it was really good!!!

writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas
Pretty good job, it was very dramatic!

Trulie GOLD said...
Trulie GOLD, Beltsville, Maryland
I loved it! Keep writing and can't wait for the next chapter!

skisoul96 GOLD said...
skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York

its already tomorrow in Australia.

a little too dramatic but overall good!

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

I thought it went by a bit fast and things happened somewhat abruptly. However, I was still impressed with your story. The setting was beautifully described, as was the situation. Keep writing! Also, please take a look at some of my stories and comment! :)

ilovepolkadots, Joplin, Missouri

I loved this!

Hey, guys please read this story and give some feedback "blah. blah.blah"

TristeLuvz2Write SILVER, Groton, New York

Life's Not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
"Maybe I should call Bella and hang up!" --Quil Ateara, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

oh wow! i loved this. I felt the pain for sophie but i also felt sadness for the guy in the picture! i cant wait to know whats nect!

hair-story said...
could you post links to the rest of the series plzplzplzzzz

Mariah_0.0 SILVER, Peyton, Colorado

Be the change you want to see in the world

this is an amazing story! good work! :)

Romanticish SILVER, Irving, Texas

Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?
-Alfred lord tennyson

Breathtaking. Simply Breathtaking. I instanly felt sad for sophie, wanted to know more about "the figure" and could relate. its a little shaky in the beginning but deffanetly holds a lot of potential

Tolstoy17 SILVER, Whitehall, Pennsylvania

\"Everything you do in life will be insignificant, but it\'s important that you do it.\" Gandhi.

I agree. I felt like I was right there with y'all.

wow thats so sweet..

CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other

Today is always a good day because tomorrow is new day.

Very descriptive. I love the way you wrote the article, it sucks in the attention and emotions of the reader. :) fabulous

teenbookworm14 PLATINUM, Plainfield, Connecticut

"Nothing gold can stay" -Robert Frost

ah-my-gawd! ah-mazing work, i cant even describe it, you had me picturing it the entire time like i was there! great vocab, imagery and everything else! keep writing :) check out my work when you get a chance!