Second Chance Chapter 1, Second Chances Sometimes Happen | Teen Ink

Second Chance Chapter 1, Second Chances Sometimes Happen

By LiveItUpGodsWay SILVER, Tomball, Texas
LiveItUpGodsWay SILVER, Tomball, Texas

Fall for someone that wont break your heart. (i made that up)

His soft warm hands gripped her bright red cheeks and looked in her bright green eyes and leaned in and kissed her soft warm lips that had a hint of vanilla lip gloss for the first time she felt a spark that she didn’t have with any other guy she kissed or dated. When they kissed she felt EVER emotions there was to feel and she didn’t want to stop kissing his perfect self. Chess couldn’t imagine anyone as perfect as Josh. When she closed her eyes she felt as she was floating on thin air and the clouds where holding her so that she would fall to the ground. She let her imagination run for a while before the sound of the shirking 2 minute bell telling then that they needed to get to class before they were late. She didn’t want to go to class she wanted to be with Josh forever. Letting him hold her and keeping her safe from harm. She knew that she found the right guy she wanted to be with forever. She didn’t care what go into there way as long she was with him forever!

Chess found out that Josh was cheating on her with a blonde haired, big chest, stupid cheer caption pretty much the w**** of the school you can imagine for the last 4 months they have been dating. But Josh didn’t mean to cheat on Chess he really loved her more than anyone can notice he got really mad when someone said that it was just a fling that it would go away soon and that he would find someone hotter or better.

He kept on telling Chess that he was drunk and his friend took his phone and called her and asked her out. But Josh didn’t know his friend had done that. Josh really loved Chess and she was all he could think about he chocked when he found out that the high school w**** was his girlfriend and he knew that Chess would soon find out and dump him. But most of all, Chesses mother was in the hospital under series condition because someone ran into her head on going 34 mph. So this pretty much tells you that Chess is having a worst of days. And Josh didn’t want to upset Chess for something really stupid choice that his friends joked around with. He was trying to save her from everything. Josh tried everything to get away from Rae. He even tried to break up with her and she didn’t believe him.

“Chess wait up I really need to talk you, please just give me a second chance to tell you everything before you assume like you always do Chess, PLEASE CHESS!” Josh yelled down the gold and black with a wildcat painting on the wall of the narrow hall way of the high school as other kids that attended the school started to snicker and talk about them saying some mean and nasty things about Chess and Josh. She tried to walk faster but her pace, as usual, was no match for the track star, and before she could start running he was already behind her, grabbing her arm “Josh what you want NOW?” Chess was yelling at Josh. Josh was a tall, thin, strong, handsome guy with shaggy brown hair and sparkling emerald eyes. Well pretty much the average cute football player, track star and everything you could imagine he could be in, and the fact that she could call him hers? That was something to brag when you walking into the girls bathrooms and gossip about everyone else and get the inside of who is dating who and who is cheating on who and what not. But she never spoke of then two dating though because she was afraid that the girls would start to talk about her and start to spread some nasty rumors like they did with Joshes ex girlfriend who ended up moving because she was embarrassed of all the rumors that were spread so fast.

Josh was running through the gold and black narrow halls of the high school to catch up with Chess to tell her he was very sorry. Then when Chess turned around to see how far back Josh was to see if she could take a small breather for all the running she was doing to stay way from her and out of no where Josh grabs her by the arms and forced her into the room closes to them which happened to be the hall closet. But Josh didn’t care as long he told Chess how sorry he was to hurt the way he did. He kept telling her over and over he was very sorry for what he did.

“Chess…I can explain! just listen!” she rolled her eyes and was going to make a run for the small the door at the other end of the small closet, but before she knew it, he grabbed her hand whirled her around and asked with a plead in his weak trembling voice looking into her bright green eyes with fear that she has never seen from Josh, “Listen, I have never met a girl like you Chess, and you know I’ve been through a lot of rough spots lately and that you’re the only girl that I can talk to when I fell down and need comfort, and I cant stand losing THE most important thing to me…without you I am NOTHING…so please, just please, listen to me?” Josh was begging her. She has never seen him this weak and desperate before. Her face was expressionless and she couldn’t choke out the words she wanted to say but as soon as she was going to speak Josh puts his finger over her warm soft lips. She saw in his emerald eyes and saw that he meant what he said but it was just something in her heart “Do you want me to prove this to you Chess? DO YOU?” He was practically yelling, she immediately started stuttering and tripping over her words but, he cut her off, “When I see your beautiful green eyes, I melt, I feel like I am staring at an endless pool of water. I know what you’re about to say, how many other girls have you said that to? But everything is different with you. I mean every single word I am saying right now.” she froze and was looking into his eyes, this passion for her just jumped out of nowhere; she didn’t know how to handle it this was her first love and she was well shocked to here all this. She took a deep breath and slowly started saying her words, “Okay….umm wow….that was interesting...Josh you know I love you to death and that you were my First love, First kiss, First boyfriend and that will never change, you mean absolutely everything to me.

The way I feel about you is like you telling me to explain how water taste, Difficult, I never want to loose you and I hope I spend the rest of my life with you Josh.” Josh was starting tearing up, the big jock, and king of the school almost crying? All she could do was look at him with her wide green eyes and wondered what was going through his head that moment. His soft hands gripped her beautiful red cheeks and he kissed her he didn’t stop till they ran out of air. Now normally, in the old days, a kiss was just a kiss, but this one…she actually felt a spark…he pulled away breathless, and she took his hand and brushed it across her cheek. She closed her eyes reliving those past few seconds over, and over again in her mind. She heard him start to chuckle quietly and she quickly shot her eyes open. He leaned over and whispered in her ear “You know that your blushing my love?” she leaned in closer and whispered “I don’t care anymore.” and she kissed him.

When she pulled away he asked “So I take it you forgive me eh?” she laughed and said “You’re so stupid Josh. Of course I forgive you. After all that trouble of you running after me, I can’t help but forgive my true love.” As they shared that last kiss before they had to go to class before they got caught and had to go to D-Hall. When they walked out a teacher was looked at them and was wondering why they were in the closet together and when they told her she just let them go like nothing ever happened. I guess the teacher knew that something was wrong by the look of Joshes eyes. She wrote them a pass and told them to not let this happen ever again.

When Chess walked into her class the teacher gave Chess her work that had to be done before she left the class. But before the 10 minute bell was about to ring, Chess turned in her work and made a 100 and just walked off. The bell rang and Chess dashed out of the class to get to her next class so that she won’t run into Jos. She didn’t want to see him at this moment because she was hurt in what he said to her. She wished that he didn’t have to do that. Why he cheated, she kept thinking of that same question over and over.

When she was about to walk into the class Josh showed up. He called her over and she told him that she was going to put her stuff down and that she would be right back out. When she walked out he grabbed her and he hugged her not letting go telling her that he was sorry and that he loved her and that he didn’t want to be with anyone else but her. Then the shirking two minute bell rang and Josh let go so that he wasn’t late to class again. He kisses her cheek and he walked off.

At lunch he told her to meet her where they always met so that he could show is love toward her.
So lunch time came and she went upstairs and he got to his knee and asked her to marry him. Her face was bright red and she didn’t know what to say because no guy as ever proposed to her let alone love her for the right reason. He told why he loved her and Chess started to cry and she shook her head YES. Josh put the ring on her finger and got up and he hugged her and he kissed her. She kissed him back not letting go not even to take a breath. She knew that he was the one she wanted to be with forever.

When Chess was going to class her friends where asking her where she was the whole lunch period. Chess told them that she was with Josh upstairs because he had to ask me something. When she said that she pulled out her hand and her friends saw the pearl blue diamond on her left ring finger. Chesses friends started to go insane. They were happy that Josh proposed and all but that would mean that they might lose there best friend. Chess told them that she wasn’t going to change anything but her last name. She could think about losing her best friends for Josh.

When Chess got home she told her mother and her mom was happy but also saying that she was too young to be getting into this and that he might change his mind sooner or later and that she didn’t want to see her daughter cry for something so stupid. But Chess knew that she had found the right guy that she wanted to be with forever. Chess ran to her room and shut the door and when she fell to her bed her phone started to vibrate. She looked at who it was and she saw that someone from a private caller was calling her. Chess answered with a frantic voice.

Then after a few minutes she started to recognize the voice. It was her father. She started to calm down and just had a normal conversation with her dad that had move to Colorado a couple of years ago and Chess hadn’t heard from him since he left and took her brother Chance with him. Chess heard in the back ground the familiar voice of her brother. She asked if she asked if she could talk to him and her dad handed Chance the phone and he sounded much older than the age of 17. Because when she last saw him he was 15 and Chance hadn’t hit puberty yet. So now his voice was much lower and he sounded handsome. They talked and caught up with each other. She told him that she was engaged to Josh and he told her that he was about to propose to his girlfriend of 2 years later on today when they were going out to eat. Chess was happy for him and that he found the girl of his dreams and he was happy for her as well. Chesses mother yelled at her to get her butt down stairs so that they could go eat and go see a movie. Chance said that mother never changed and that he missed her and that he would call her some time.

When Chess got down stairs her mother was lying on the couch dressed in her favorite pair of blue jeans and shirt and was ready way before Chess was. When Chess said that she was ready, her mom was looking at her like she was crazy. Her mom asked if she was on the phone with Josh and Chess said that she wasn’t and told her that she was on the phone with her brother who was living Colorado. Her moms eyes started to fill up with tears and was about to let out some water works. But before she let herself cry she said that they had to go to dinner and maybe catch a movie. So they headed out and when they got to the restrant it was 5:23. They went to a famous Chinese restrant and it was right across the street from the movie theatre so that when they finished paying the bill they could hurry up and catch a movie that they wanted to see. About 10 minutes later Josh walks in with his parents and baby sister. Chess was happy to see his face but she didn’t want him to ruin her mother and daughter night out. So Chess didn’t say anything to Josh. Her mother was happy that she didn’t. Because she hardly spent any time with her daughter since her ex husband left. So when they were about to leave Josh saw Chess and told her to come here a so she did and she saw his mom and sister and dad and said hello. She told Josh that she could stay long because she was going to the movies with her mom tonight and he understood and gave her quick kiss and told her he loved her and that he would see her tomorrow at school at 6am were they always meet.

When they got to the movies they looked the timings and saw that the movie that they wanted to see started in 20 minutes. They got the tickets and they went to the closes ice cream shop and they had some home made ice cream before the movie started. The mother started to talk about how this ice cream shop was there when she was younger and how that her mother took her here for ice cream every weekend for the past 10 years she was growing up. But Chesses grandmother died before they met. But her grandpa was alive but he lived West Virginia and they lived in Washington and they never had a chance to get plane tickets to see him.

About 10 minutes before the movie started they got into there car and headed to the movie theatre and get popcorn and sodas and a couple other things. When they got into the theatre there were a lot of people in the theatre. it was hard to find a seat for two. But they found that spot and they had to walk over people just to get to there spot. When they got to the seats there was a sign that said “Broken seats” and on the other it said the same. So they walked back and they had to go back to the front and seat close to the screen. During the movie Chesses mother had to use the restroom but she didn’t want to because she knew she would miss some of the movie that she liked. But she told Chess to tell her everything that she missed when she got back.

The mom went to the restroom and there were some guys that were pacing back and forth waiting on something. When she walked back out of the restroom they guys saw her and they started to walk toward her. The mother had a scared look on her face and she just stood still. The guys walked over to her and grabbed her by the arms and tell her to fallow them. The mother did what they wanted and they took her into the green and black mini van. They opened the door and when you looked into the van you saw 4 other girls in the can with the same look as Chesses mother had. The guy pushed her into the van and told her to keep her pretty mouth shut or he would shoot. So she did what he said and by the look of her face she wasn’t happy. She in the very back behind a moving seat in front of her. She took out her phone and texted Chess. The text said
“Chess I am alright go to Joshes house and stay there. Go out the back of the theatre. Text josh to pick you up, There are some guys here taking pretty girls. They took me and I will be fine. Just go to Josh and tell him to take you to your house and pack some supplies you need. Ask Josh if you could stay over at his house. I love you Chess and I will try to get out.”
When Chess saw the text her eyes started to fill up with tears. She did what her mother asked and texted Josh. She forwarded her moms text to Josh and he understood.

LiveItUpGodsWay SILVER, Tomball, Texas

i will, i am just getting that idea out. i am still cleanning it up.... i will post it again when i am done with the final copy... i have alot more chapters to this story, and i am still working on it.(:

Phoenix611 GOLD, Avon, Colorado

"Zip it, or I'll come over there and zip it for you." -Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side

it's hard to follow and there are quite a few grammatical errors, a lot of run-ons, and some spelling errors. clean it up a bit and i think it will be an incredible story!!