No matter what Chapter 5 | Teen Ink

No matter what Chapter 5

May 3, 2010
By Muziksoul29 PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee
Muziksoul29 PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee
29 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dont ever look to th epast, cause you see things you already know. Look to the future to see things come at you like a fast ball.
-Me:)


"Why did you say okay?" Xander kept asking me.
I looked at him and smiled, "Because I was bron without my father's name, and I don't want that to happen to any child of mine."
He looked at my hands which I was holding in my lap, "Well, can I ask you another question?"
"You just did." I giggled.
"I mean a different one, one that doesn't involve me asking to ask another question." He chuckled.
I looked at him, and he seemed so happy. So peaceful. "Sure, ask way."
"Why did you give me a fake name?"
"Wh-what are you talking about?"
"Sapphire isn't your real name. Your real name is Maia."
"How did you know I gave you a fake name?"
"Because as I have already said, I have been watching you. Or, rather I have been protecting you." He sighed quietly.
"I gave you a fake name bacause I didn't know who you were. How was I supposed to know you were my fiance? It's not like people just walk up to people and say hey my name is fill in the blank, and you're my fiancee." I said, becoming frustrated.
He grabbed my hand after I ran in through my ebony hair,"I'm sorry it has to be this way. I really am truly sorry."
I sneered at him, "somehow, I highly doubt that." I jerked my hand from his grasp.
"Maia, I promise you that I never wanted this. Before I knew I was engaged to you, I had a girlfriend, a life, and friends. Before I knew I had supernatural powers, I was normal" He shouted, angry again.
"So was I. I had boyfriend issues, and friends, and good grades in school, and you took all that away from me. You ruined my LIFE!" I ran from him as fast as I could, but I wasn't fast enough. He slid his arm around my waist and dragged my struggling body back to the room I was locked in.
"You see, I can't let you leave. If you leave you could reveal our little secret, and show someone your powers. We can't have that happening, now can we?" He asked in a sickly sweet voice.
I let out a humph and sat down on the large bed. He sat down nest to me and put his arm over my shoulder. "I would have loved to just be able to meet you and fall in love with you, but it has to be this way. What if I hjad never found you?"
I looked up at him with tears in my golden eyes and let them fall down my cheeks. He layed back on the pillows and took my shaking figure with his, not asking my permission, he kissed everyone of my tears away before pressing his lips gently to mine.
"I can't believe you're CHEATING on me!" a shrill voice called from the door.


The author's comments:
I feel just like my main character right now. My boyfriend just cheated on me and I am through wiating for prince charming to save me. I'm taking matters into my own hands.