Fire Heart5 | Teen Ink

Fire Heart5

By natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland
natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland

trying is failing, doing is succeeding.

Chapter 5: The Truth Uncovered

I woke up and I knew
Drew was coming. I pulled out a dark pair of jeans, a black shirt and my sneakers.
I walked over to my blue laptop sitting open on my desk. I typed in my password. I pulled up the internet, and typed in “Ulrich Giver.”
I clicked on the fifth link I found. When the page pulled up, there were more links.
I read the top of the page. “Convention,” It read in large bold words. I didn’t know what kind of convention it was, but I clicked another link. It went to another page with many other links.
Then I got my first major key. I clicked the link, and I found the first major piece. It said, “Speed.” I leaned in closer to read the paragraph. “Abilities include speed, heat, hearing, eyesight, and immortality.
There also is a severe craving for humans flesh, most times not controllable.” I read. I never recognized any of those qualities in Drew. I kept looking. I clicked my final link and found my answer.
“Werewolf.” It stated. Before I could go to the next link, I heard a horn coming from outside, it seemed close to my house.
I walked over to my window, and to my complete and total surprise, there he stood next to the shiny black BMW. He waved and I shook my head. I walked over to my computer and saved the search.
I picked up my book bag on the way out, and walked to the shiny black car. He just smiled and opened the door. I climbed into the car and buckled my seatbelt.
I decided to say nothing about the computer search, and cause more uproar. He drove kind of silently. He made noises now and then at the road but that was all. I wondered what he was thinking
He grimaced again and pulled into the school parking lot. “Whatever happens, my brother and sisters can’t see us together.
Melina and Eleanor really don’t like the idea, and Carson just goes along with the girls I guess.
I don’t get what their problem is, but obviously they have one. So I don’t know. They can’t know, okay?” I nodded. He petted my hair, and for the first time kissed my forehead.
I closed my eyes and embraced the heavy heat. “Ready?” He asked. I huffed and nodded. He got out of the car, and as soon as I was unbuckled he was there with the door open smiling at me.
I slid out of the shiny black car, and grabbed my black book bag from under the tan leather seat on the passenger side of the BMW. I looked back at the passing teenagers.
I felt different from the rest, as I never had before. I looked up at him, and met his gaze. I had finally reached the goal of fixing his hard stare to a light gaze.
I honestly thought I would be lucky to get him to just stop looking at me. But there I was getting out of Drew Giver’s shiny black BMW and walking to school with him.
“What is wrong with you now?” He asked rolling his eyes. “Nothing is wrong.” I huffed gliding forward. He put his hand out and pushed me back on the car.
“What is wrong?” He asked pronouncing each word and syllable carefully. I opened my eyes a little wider. “Nothing is wrong. We are going to be late for class.”
I shifted my position and crossed my arms. “I don’t care if we sit here for hours you are going to tell me what is wrong. You can tell me anything.” He competed.
“I am not going to tell you until you tell me.” I retorted. He huffed. ‘Seriously Aaralyn, come on!” He raised his voice. “Don’t wine Drew. You aren’t five anymore.”
I rolled my eyes. “Aaralyn Harding, sit down and tell me what is wrong with you. I am not going to take any of this from you. You know already that this doesn’t work with me.
Give me one reason why you can’t tell me.” He folded his arms. “Well I can give you quite a few, but one is because you can’t tell me.” By this time the parking lot had cleared and it was only us.
“Listen, I can’t keep walking around your circle, and not be in the middle. I can’t stay and be an outsider in your life…”He looked around and somewhat tuned out to our conversation.
“Drew are you listening to me?” I asked frustrated. ‘Sorry I was ugh…never mind. I can’t believe I am doing this, but I am going to tell you.” He shook his head.
“I am a werewolf. Everything you see about our kind is warming, over beautiful. But you can’t see the inside.
We are cold hearted, yet hot blooded. We feel hot and peculiar to everyone and everything.
I didn’t want to be here, or try life here. But then I just got a little glimpse of your face, and I had to know you. I love you too much to let you go, but I can’t let you get hurt.
That is why being with me is so complicated, dangerous. Your chances of survival with me are lower than if you were in a cage with a lion.” He blurted in such a human like way it almost scared me.
I smiled and shook my head. “I know.” I gleamed. His eyes got wide and he shook his head. “What the hell do you mean you know?” He asked breathlessly.
“I mean that I know. You are a werewolf, your whole family is, and I am here, and I know.” I laughed. “Hey Aar this is not a funny matter. How did you know that I am a…how did you know, really?”
He asked folding his arms, his face furious, his tongue pacing back and forth on the inside of his mouth. “Well there is something called internet, I searched your dad’s name, and linked.
It wasn’t that hard if you know the right thing to click. It is not a big deal Drew, calm down.” I laughed. “Calm down? It isn’t a big deal? Really Aaralyn, are you absolutely insane?
This is incredibly dangerous, and you’re laughing!” His eyes were ever so wide. I was scared and kind of mad about his assumptions. He made too many assumptions that weren’t important.
“Really Drew calm down. I am here, you’re a werewolf, I am human, and who cares. Really, surely, I don’t. You are more important to me than life itself. And I hardly know you.
Let’s just say that is something special and it can’t be let go like a little piece of trash. This is reality, real life. If it is something real, I think we owe it to ourselves to keep it going a little longer.
Keep walking that path just a little farther. Now what does that tell you?” I asked my eyes wider than they had been before. “Well, let me just say it tells me a whole lot.”
He smiled and leaned in to kiss my forehead. He bent down, and held my face in his hands. “Let’s owe it to ourselves to see if we can be just a little bit more.”
He whispered and pressed his lips against mine. It was hot and it sparked and tingled.
I ran my fingers through his soft blonde hair. The brown streaks that glistened were no longer visible, but it felt a little different when I came across them.
He picked me up from the seat, and let my head hang. He held my back and my scraggly hair flowed awkwardly in different ways.
He pulled his face away from mine, and was looking into my eyes glistening and smiling. “Everything feels completely intact now.” I whispered. He shook his head.
“Everything?” He asked in a cocky tone. I scrunched my nose and eyebrows in confusion.
He gently touched my nose, and picked me up and held me in his arms like a little child that had fallen asleep in their parent’s bed, and their father had put them in their own.
Except this time, it was my love holding me in a school parking lot, after I just confirmed my assumption that he was a werewolf. A little different bit of circumstance I think.
I liked the circumstances though. I loved Drew so much already. I knew this relationship was bound to, and had to last. I knew that now that I knew his secret, our relationship was required.
We both knew the circumstances of the conditions we had threaded and bound ourselves into. We didn’t know how dangerous it would be, or how far we could go.
But one thing we knew, we were in deep and complete love. It was there, and it always would be.

TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado

"Go for whatever you want, even if your friends aren't backing you up. "

This sounds alot like twiilight, but instead of the guy being a vampire he's a werewolf. Does it change at all from the twilight story line?