Games | Teen Ink

Games

April 1, 2010
By Smickles PLATINUM, Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Smickles PLATINUM, Buffalo Grove, Illinois
43 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
There is a reason that the people from your past did not make it to your future

:P


“Let’s play a game,”
Abby whispered softly, her voice penetrating any remaining comfort in the sudden meeting. Her brown eyes flashed eagerly as she reached inside her pocket nervous, ticking the side of her thigh. Jack sighed. It had been three years since he’d last seen his ex, but she looked beautiful with her body formed into a sexy curved hourglass and her hair longer and highlighted to make her pale face glow in the caramel. Jack shook his head slightly, and muscled a grin.

“What game are you thinking of?”
His teeth set together tight, as he watched her anxiously tug her hair and put it behind her ear over and over again. He tried to catch her eyes, but it was pointless. She kept them pointed down towards he feet. He stood there in silence for minutes, aggravatingly waiting for Abby to answer his question. This time in silence made his mind run through thoughts that he should have forgotten. Memories of his and Abby’s first kiss. It was actually quite cute -it made him smile while thinking of it- with her pink blush spraying across her cheeks in the dim light accompanied by her sweet giggle. Along other memories… when Abby walked into the wrong hallway at the wrong time only to see his lips placed upon the wrong person.


“It’s called pretend.”

This time Abby looked up from the ground, and met Jacks eyes. Taken a back, he shivered at the deep flame of determination locked into the brown asset of her pupils, and he slowly brushed his fingers through his hair.
“It was nice to see you and all, Abby, but…”
Abbey interrupted by taking his hand abruptly and standing on her tiptoes to place a soft kiss on his mouth. At first, Jack had stood with his arms straight out to his sides, but as the kiss became more intense, he wrapped one arm around her small shoulders, his other was playfully letting his fingers drape through her hair. When the kiss ended, she placed her forehead on the base of his, resting her nose just a second away from his, breathing heavily with lips of deep red.


“You’ll say forever…” Abbey whispered menacingly, the air of her breath brushing on his lips, her hand stroking the insides of his sweaty palms, her eyes half covered by the caramel flood of her bangs. Then, she let go. Staring at her feet, she brushed her hair with her fingers, fixed her jacket with a quick tug, and walked away leaving Jack with his chin falling to the floor. As Jack heard the pitter-patter of small footsteps on the gravel, he turned back around to see Abby’s bottom swaying with each step. An air of confidence protruding around her, as her shoulders stood straight… her head even straighter.

Jack, a little off balanced, cupped his fingers to his mouth and called out: “What about the game, Abby? I thought we were playing a game!”
Jack Huffed, his shoulders straightening as he saw Abby turn her body towards him, but still walked away dragging her feet backwards. She grinned and shook her head as she pushed her hands from her side towards the base of her mouth and shouted back : “It was always a game Jack. You knew that more then I ever did. We’d play the game… but then it will end.”
Abby nodded her head in accomplishment, and turned back around to walk away. There he stood, his shoulders slumped, his smile frowning, and his minds filled with thoughts… filled with memories that he didn’t want… filled with the last thing she had said to him.


“Let’s play a game,”
“We’ll call it pretend.
“You’ll say forever…”





“Then it will end.”


The author's comments:
let's play a game, we'll call it pretend. you'll say forever, then it will end.