Just a Kiss | Teen Ink

Just a Kiss

By laughter222 GOLD, East Northport, New York
laughter222 GOLD, East Northport, New York

the best things in life are always unseen
that's why we close our eyes when we
kiss, cry, and dream.

Then he stopped talking. My heart clenched. This was it. This is the moment I will remember for the rest of my life. The moment I will tell my kids about. I captured my surroundings in a mental photo to remember later. Sitting in my basement. The yellow light glowing around me. Why did I leave the lights on? Why didn’t I turn them off? I feel the fabric of the chairs, my brother’s video game rocking chairs. We had been fooling around with them. Rocking back and forth, laughing, when we both fell completely over and decided to lie there. Not try and get up. I heard the movie I had put on, the two main characters start flirting. It’s my favorite part. Why was the movie on? Oh right, it was a conversation starter, something to do, an ice breaker. We are underneath my sister’s blanket. The really soft bright blue one; the one with a giant, yellow Spongebob sewn into it. He threw it over us, I see why now. He stared at me. Making my heart try and leap out of its cage. This was it, my moment. It’s my turn to feel special, to see fireworks. All of my friends had their moments, and I wanted mine. I saw the way he shifted in his chair, trying to get closer to me. I followed. I moved the grey arm rest; there was nothing between us. I heard a song come on in the movie, it was the most romantic part of the movie, time for the characters to have their first dance together. He raised one eyebrow. A talent I always wished I had. I blinked, was this real? Was this seriously happening to me? His arm snaked out and took hold of my hand. Yes. This was it, my moment, my happily ever after. I slightly bit my bottom lip, a nervous habit I had. But I was ready. I waited my whole life for this moment, it was here. Finally. It was just centimeters away. Slowly coming closer and closer. I couldn’t hear the movie, all I heard was my heart. I couldn’t see the blanket; all I saw were his chocolate brown eyes. I couldn’t feel the chairs; all I felt was his soft hand in mine. His head tilted just slightly. I lowered my eyelids and then all I could feel was his soft skin pressing into mine. My mind went blank and I thought about was him. His free hand reached up and placed itself in the scrunched mess on my head. My free hand, with a mind of its own, went up to feel the soft skin on the back of his neck. This was it. My perfect moment. I saw the fireworks. I felt like a princess. Just a simple kiss. A kiss that lasted forever. He dropped his hand. I followed. I didn’t want it to end. I had to see his face, what was he thinking? Our lips unlocked. I opened my eyes and smiled with him. We sat in silence, just smiling, the dialogue in the movie wasn’t important; the phone vibrating in my pocket could wait. He was all I saw, all I cared about. He broke the silence by winking and asking, “Can we turn the movie off?”

I actually wrote this right after i had my first kiss. Most of it is how is happened. I might have made it sound a bit more romantic... :)

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

this is so cute and realistic. i love this--your a great storyteller i felt like it was happening to me