Running into each other | Teen Ink

Running into each other

By Psychic_Sky13 GOLD, York, Pennsylvania
Psychic_Sky13 GOLD, York, Pennsylvania

I never knew anyone would love me the way he did, but when he came, I finally believed it. I remember when we first met and he and I ran into each other and he offered to help me. He made sure I was ok and even joked about taking me to the emergency room. I laughed and said I was fine and he tossed me an amazing smile that took my breath away. Without warning, he mumbled something about being late and took off, leaving me alone and empty once again.

A month later, I was staying after school for drama practice when a car came skidding down through the parking lot. I was looking the other way and didn't even notice it. The snow falling around me muffled all sounds preventing me from hearing the screeching brakes or the driver's shouts. Suddenly, he came out of nowhere and knockeed me out of the way into a pile of snow where he laid beside me, his arm around my waist. The car slid by at a hugh speed, hitting the space where i was standing not a second before. I stared at him, his face buried in the snow. I rolled him over to see a smiling face.

"That's the second time I've run into you. Literally," he joked, sitting up. I laughed and stood up to help him to his feet. He looked me over, making sure I hadn't been hurt. After he was sure I wouldn't be permanantly damaged, he grinned and asked me out on an actual date to which I almost immediately answered yes to.

Instead of a typical "dinner and movie" first date, he took me to a carnival and bought me a candy apple whcih I loved and won me a huge stuffed animal. I hugged it the whole time we were at the carnival untill we were about to leave and he pulled me aside. He took the stuffed animal gently away and cupped my chin, looking into my eyes. I breathed in his scent as he leaned down and kissed me for the first time. After he kissed me, he told me you loved me and your eyes showed he were telling the truth.

We went on numerous other dates to places I always wanted to go like the local theater where we laughed and cried and the art museum where we admired the paintings and pretended to me sculptures. For his photography class, he asked to take pictures of me and, even when I complained I wasn't pretty enough to be photographed, he called me beautiful and snapped away.

When the accident happened, I didn't even see the car in front of us until we collided. His airbag saved his head and neck from breaking but mine was broken and didn't pop out. My head crashed through the windshield and knocked me out.

When I woke up, he were sitting with me in the hospital, holding my head and crying quietly. I tried to sit up, but my whole body was in a cast. I whispered to him and he looked up. I told him I loved him. He nodded and told me the same. He got up and kissed my forehead, thinking I was tired and falling back to sleep when I closed my eyes and couldn't open them again.

I still watch from above, how every day he tries not to cry and how he always lashes out to anyone who tries to talk to him. I watch helplessly as he takes the razor to his wrist and cuts away the pain. My heart twists when I want to be back there and comfort him and tell him to stop and that I still love him. Before I died, I didn't know how much he loved me, but now, as I watch from Heaven, I see that he cared so much for me; that I was his life and he cared about me. I feel it's my fault he's how he is because, if I were still alive, we'd still be happy together and planning to grow old together.

My only hope for us is that one day, when he's lived out his life, we can run into each other again and forever be together.

on Mar. 12 2010 at 9:41 am
enchanted4yu PLATINUM, Calabasas, California

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

super awesome~!

Psychic_Sky13 GOLD, York, Pennsylvania
That's cool because I do, too!

I like how it builds up. I love stories with reoccuring events (running into eachother)

Psychic_Sky13 GOLD, York, Pennsylvania
Thank you! I wasn't sure if it sounded ok, but thanks!

This is awesome =) i love love love love love the ending