Rivalry part 3 | Teen Ink

Rivalry part 3

By EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts
EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

I storm away, the anger had returned. My heart is fueling up with all of the negative. Tears are pouring down my face and I only realize that I am crying when my teacher says, “Lindsay, would you like to go to the bathroom?”

With a questioning look in my eyes I reply, “Sure, thanks,” and I sprint away. Away from the gym. Away from the people. Away from YOU. I don’t know why I am crying so hard. It’s not like I like you, it’s not like you like me. I have no idea what came over me, I just burst into tears. Suddenly, I trip and I fall to the tiled floors. I hear running footsteps and loud voices. I guess the classes are coming back from the tournament. I pick myself up and wipe the tears away from my salt-stained cheeks. I glance upwards and I start to walk. I turn the corner and I almost trip again. You come out from behind the wall. I am in shock, how did you manage to find me and why did you follow me? I fall in shock and you catch me. I struggle to get out of your warm embrace but you are a lot stronger than I am.

“Listen, before I let you go-”

“Stop, Kyle, please, just let me free!” I shout.

“The whole time, I thought that’s what I wanted. I thought I wanted you far away from me, I thought I wanted to never see you again-”

“Yah? Well, that’s what I want! Please let me go!” I argue.

“Lindsay-”

I look up into your eyes and I stop arguing. I wanted that all along, just for us to stop arguing. To stop pushing each other.
“Lindsay, I, I’m sorry.”

I was stunned. It felt like time was frozen, everything stopped. You apologized. I had never heard you ever, EVER, say you were sorry to anyone. Because you were never sorry, you were never apologetic of anything, you never would take back a thing, that’s just who you were. I guess you had changed, you had become more reasonable and more open to others. I wasn’t sure I had heard you right, I didn’t really believe you had just done that.

“So, I understand if you still hate me and I understand if you never want to see me again, but I just wanted you to know that I still care about you.”

“Still? When did you EVER care about me?” I ask.

“ I always cared about you, and I don’t think I was man enough to admit it.”

“Really, Kyle? Really? Because I still don’t forgive you. You hurt me so bad and we can never get those years back. And, you will never get ME back.”

“We’ll just have to see about that, won’t we?”

You loosen the tight grip on me, but you still don’t let me go completely. You slide your hands around my waist and you breathe on my face.

“Kyle, stop, I don’t want you anymore. What happened to you? Why do you suddenly ‘care’ about me because I don’t know if I will ever care about you again.”

“I know, I know,” you answer, “but I am still going to try.”

You come closer to me and now are bodies are touching. We are pressed up against each other and you slowly lean in to me. You gently kiss me and then you pull away. You slowly let go of me and start to turn away.

“Don’t go…” I murmur.

You slowly turn back to me and you say, “Why? I mean I will never stop trying but if you don’t want to have anything to do with me I know it’s my fault-”

“You’re right, Kyle.” I admit, “I don’t want anything to do with you-”
You nod and let a tear slip from your eyes.

“-But, I don’t want you to stop trying. I still care about you… I guess.”

You spin back around to me and hug me. You smile that flirty smile once more but this time you smile not in hatred or annoyance or anger. Your smile is filled with happiness.

And that’s that, that’s how our story ends… <3

Aww, thank you sooo much!!!! :) that means a lot to me. thank you!!!!!!!! 

PippinP GOLD said...
PippinP GOLD, Bolingbrook, Illinois

Faith is like learning to walk; you have to fall at first, but don't stay down. When in doubt, don't stop believing.

Aww, so he's not a complete jerk. =) I loved this 3-part story!! Good job!!

thanks soooo much <3

thnx haha, but you should rlly read the first parts to understand the whole thing, but thanks a bunch!!!! I will deff. check out ur work! <3 thnx again

wordweaver96 PLATINUM, Winchester, Kentucky

" It is not our abilities but our choices that show who we truly are. "
Albus Dumbledore

See, we really DON'T have anything to fear but fear itself!

this is so goood. i love it. i haven't read the first 3 parts but this is amazing. will you look at my work?

Mykindapeopledontcarewhatyouthink BRONZE, Gueydan, Louisiana
never stop writing

on Feb. 13 2010 at 11:54 am

srry, i meant to reply to ur comment..

oops :)

on Feb. 13 2010 at 11:51 am

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!

<333333333333

rlly u hav no idea, how happy that makes me! :)

OMG i LOVE it