Just Friends. | Teen Ink

Just Friends.

January 27, 2010
By Nikiblue PLATINUM, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Nikiblue PLATINUM, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
20 articles 0 photos 137 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Stupid Is As Stupid Does." -Forest Gump (;
"No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude."


We sat there on the couch, my head against his arm. I loved him, more than I had loved anyone else in my life. Because we were so close, I ended up falling for him. He didn’t feel the same, at least not anymore. We were together for a while, held hands and stuff, but I ended our relationship three times, each time he still loved me more than I deserved, but I wouldn’t get back with him again after that. He said I was his first true love, and he would never forget me. We vowed to stay best friends for as long as we possibly could. That’s what we are now, but I never truly got over my feelings for him. While I thought about him, he was probably thinking of the other girl he liked. The two of them had gotten together a few weeks after I finally ended it with him, and I began to feel very jealous. He didn’t pay as much attention to me, hardly even talk to me some days; too busy talking to that girl. When he did talk to me, it was about her. It hurt like no tomorrow. I even went on a little “date” with the two of them, along with some friends. I didn’t want to go, but the girl offered and I wanted to meet her so I went. I felt ignored the entire time all of us were around, all he did was pay attention to her. That night I talked to him about, telling him how I felt about the night. After that, I began to feel depressed, and I began to loose all interest in my music, which I normally loved to listen to. All my songs reminded me of him, and it just hurt me more to listen to them. I felt useless and unloved. I stayed depressed for a couple weeks, not seeming like it would go away. At a time I even thought about death.
Eventually I came out of the little depressed stage, and began to look on the brighter sides of things. Since I knew we weren’t going to be together I wanted to support him and the new girlfriend, despite any jealous feelings I felt. A couple weeks later, he told me they broke up and he was pretty upset. I encouraged him that everything would be alright, but even though they weren’t together, he still thought about her and hopes they’ll get back together. I encourage him, knowing that’s all I can do. Looking past feelings and being the friend a person needs is a tough thing to do, but I try my best, for him. So as we sat there on the couch, together I thought to myself, “This is it. This is all we’ll ever be. Just friends from here on out…”