Advice For Violet | Teen Ink

Advice For Violet

January 17, 2010
By serendipitous615 PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland
serendipitous615 PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland
32 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do you want to know the secret of self esteem? Here it is: If you want confidence, then understand how much you matter to God. If God loves you, who cares what anybody else thinks."


Vulnerable Violet,

“Hey, how are you?” the first thing he asks you. Right? And it’s also the first thing that you mess up in that conversation. Why? Well violet- you’re a talker. And sometimes that’s a good thing. But when you’re trying to get you crush to like you, don’t give him the spiel on how bad yesterday was. Honestly, that’s not the most attractive thing. Instead say something funny and witty, along the lines of “compared to yesterday, FANTASTIC. Yourself?” This leaves room for conversation and you don’t turn off your crush.

Another thing Violet- don’t be clingy. It’s something we guys hate. Here is something for you to try. His class is two doors down from yours right? When you get out of class, don’t wait for him.

I bet as you read that your head tilted in confusion. Because by what you know, waiting for him gives him “the sign”. But violet- it doesn’t give him the chills, as it does for you, when he sees someone waiting for him.

So this is what you do- walk right by. This gives him the illusion that u don’t like him. And THAT gives him a chase. And the chase is good. It keeps him wondering where you were and overtimes it’ll get him to like you.

Trust me Violet- I’m a guy and I know what guys like.

And if you do it for some time, he’ll finally catch up to you. Yes poor Violet, it’s going to take sacrifice but the I-don’t-care attitude is sexy. And sexy is what you’re aiming for.

But as you read this you’re shaking you head. Thinking, “but he doesn’t even notice me when I’m actually waiting. So not waiting won’t help any.”

But Violet, he is walking by because you’re not catching his attention in the right way.

The whole, “Josh! Over here!” thing…well let’s just say it’s embarrassing you both.

Instead, at the end of the day when he walks past you to get to his bus, walk in his direction.

Let me explain. In the sexiest way you can, walk towards him. Make sure you catch his eye. Without saying anything! Then when you get close enough so he can hear you, say “hey, there you are,” and hug the person behind him. (Even if it’s a random person, do it!)

Yes- this will get him jealous and that’s a good thing.

Violet, that little cute girl he has control over, won’t be so easy to manipulate anymore.

That is if you start to following my carefully planned steps.

And overtimes you Violet won’t have to come to me for advice. Because you will be planning things yourself.

Good luck and go get em!





Believe me…





Ben