She thought, he thought | Teen Ink

She thought, he thought

By Homeschoolerevangeline BRONZE, BUKIT BERUANG. MELAKA, Other
Homeschoolerevangeline BRONZE, BUKIT BERUANG. MELAKA, Other

When the dreams that you dream seems to disappear from view, that's the time to fight on and soon they'll all come through.

The evening was calm, the beach a beautiful place lighted up by the evening sun. It was almost deserted, most people would be inside their chalets eating dinner.

She stood at the water edge, the water splashing against her ankles. Her face had a far-away look. She was thinking and lost to the world. She thought for the hundredth time, why did I do it? Why? It was my fault. I hurt him. It was my fault. I shouldn’t have done that. At first she had a lot reasons to do it, but now the reasons seemed like excuses. He was older than her, living in another country, and did not share the same religion. At first those reasons seemed valid and strong. Now? Now they were useless. She regretted hundreds of times. She remembered seeing him just now. Having fun, looking happy. Was his life better off without her? Well, maybe. She had ruined his life, shattered his dreams. She shouldn’t have gotten into it with him. She was confused, didn’t know what to do. Dare she call him? She didn’t dare, she knew it. She still had his email address. Dare she email him? What would he say? Would he still want her? She had heard that after he had gone with her friend. She knew that they were no longer together. What right had she to contact him again after hurting him?

He stood by his chalet window. Lost in his dreams. He had seen her again. What was she doing here? Why was she here? She had seen him, he knew that. The look of recognition in her eyes when she spotted him. It had sent arrow darts flying his heart. He remembered the day when it all happened. He did not know why she had just come and tell him that she did not want to talk with him again. He was bewildered. Later she had emailed him saying that she was sorry for snapping at him and shouldn’t do that just because she was angry. She wanted to be just friends. How could he be just friends with her? He wondered if she still felt anything for him. Did he? Of course he did. He knew that. She? He wasn’t so sure. What would she say if he contacted her? Would she turn him off again. He wouldn’t be able to take it a second time. He had asked himself ‘why’ so many times. Each time, the answer eluded him. His heart ached. He had put on a deceiving front, a happy front in front of people. Dare he call her? Dare he email her?

This story is a mix of non-fiction and fiction. I got some from true personal stories and others from my own imagination.

Alpha-Lyrae GOLD, Toronto, ON, Other

"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." -Galileo Galilei
"In the Beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

That is beautifully written, just the bare truth and bleakness of the enotions. Brilliant.

arElana PLATINUM, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
I loved this so much. I loved how you made the characters so similar and both were hesitant to talk to one another. This is so amazing I'm gonna make it one of my favorite thingies.

maia11 SILVER said...
maia11 SILVER, Urbandale, Iowa
Amazing. :)

rockstar101 said...
i like it whats the main idea and theme its a little confusing

Actually, I intentionally did not give much info about that because I wanted the readers to focus on the raw emotion of it all.

Both 'he' and 'she' have just seen each other and so all the conflicting thoughts. The scene is at a beach resort, hence, the reference to chalet.

Lioness_Eyes said...
Lioness_Eyes, Placentia, California

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

oh, this is Lea btw.

Lioness_Eyes said...
Lioness_Eyes, Placentia, California

Albert Einstein

I like it. I kind of want an explanation as to what happened to their relationship, and how she hurt him. Oh, and where are they when they 'see' each other in this story?

AzureGal BRONZE, Malacca, Florida
Can i hate u?! it's so nice.. =(

But i wonder tho.. they got together agn?

WRITE THE SEQUEL!!

can wait another 1 month!