EC+AM=4ever Chapter 22 (Part 2) | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 22 (Part 2)

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

When I got into my car, I was fuming with rage. Yet I also felt something else underneath all of that anger. That was longing. I longed to be in Ash's arms once again, longed for him to kiss me and tell me he loved me. And I longed to be able to tell him I loved him too, but I just couldn't. I knew that I was the only one stopping myself from being with Ash, but I couldn't help it. He'd hurt me, he'd lied to me. And I wasn't going to let him get away with it that easily. Not to sound conceited, but he would have to prove to me that he was worthy of me.

"Ugh," I groaned. I really needed someone to talk to about this. I needed Kristy. So instead of trying to unsuccessfully call her again, I drove to her house. We would settle this. We had to.

I got out of my car and walked up to her front door, ringing the doorbell. Then I waited until her mom answered. She was a stay-at-home mom so she was always at her house. "Hi, Mrs. Williams," I greeted her.

"Hello Evalynne, I haven't seen you around here in a while." she said. "Come on inside. I was actually just about to go to the dry-cleaner to pick up my dress. You see, I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and I'm supposed to look nice." My stomach dropped when she said that. Just the thought of weddings and that Ash and I almost had one was enough to make me break down in tears. "But Kristy's in her room so you can go on up there. But I have to leave, so bye."

She smiled and walked out, leaving me in Kristy's house. I sighed and walked towards the stairs, but when I got there I saw someone standing at the top of the staircase. And it wasn't Kristy. "Cole?" I demanded.

"In the flesh," he replied, cocky as always.

"Wonderful," I mumbled sarcastically.

"So, did you come to your senses and ditch that Mongolia guy for me?" Cole asked, walking towards me down the stairs.

I decided that this time I wouldn't get all nervous and worried. I'd stand up to him. "No, I came here to talk to Kristy." I said.

"Well Kristy's not here right now. She actually just left." he replied.

"But her mom said that she was upstairs in her room." I said, mostly to myself, curiosity clouding my brain.

"Nope, she just left out the back door. She didn't want her mom to see her leave because she's sneaking out to go hang out with her new friends. My aunt hates these girls, so if she found out that Kristy was hanging out with them she'd freak."

"Well who are they?" I asked.

"Julianne Wiggins and Kelly Richardson," he replied with a mocking grin.

My jaw dropped in shock. "You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm actually dead serious. And speaking of things that are dead, I heard about Ash's mom. Ouch." He chuckled haughtily.

I tensed up when he mentioned the accident. "She's not dead." I muttered.

"Oh, right, she's in a coma. My bad," He laughed again. "She's not dead yet."

"Shut up, Cole." I hissed, feeling overpowered with fury at the way he was acting, like this was all some joke. Kristy's cousin really knew how to aggravate a person.

"Yikes, someone's a bit rude today," he retorted. "Are you upset because Kristy's moved on? Well don't worry, you still have Ash. Now he doesn't have a mom and you don't have a best friend, so you two can comfort each other."

"Actually, I broke up with Ash." I snapped back.

"Good, now he really has nobody." When I heard Cole say that, something inside me snapped. He was right. I was so busy feeling bad for myself, thinking I had no one, when Ash had it so much worse. His mom was in a coma for crying out loud! And it was all my fault.

"I have to go." I mumbled, turning on my heel and heading out the door.

"Oh, no you don't." Cole said, grabbing my arm. "Not this time." I turned to face him as he smiled and licked his lips. "Kiss me." he commanded.

So I decided to mess with him a bit. I grinned seductively and ran my hand through his dark hair, "If you insist," I leaned in as if I were about to kiss him, but then whispered softly into his ear, "In your dreams," And I kneed him right in the place where guys really don't like to be kneed.

He howled and cried and doubled over in pain, and I smiled and took a step away from him. "Bye," I said sweetly and I blew him a kiss as I walked out the doorway just to make him mad.

I laughed to myself as I climbed into my car and backed out of Kristy's driveway. "What a jerk," I said to myself. Then I turned on the radio and blasted it at top volume, because the song that was on was perfect. It completely fit the moment. So I sang along.

"Tell me why you're so hard to forget, don't remind me I'm not over it. Tell me why I can't seem to face the truth, I'm just a little too not over you,"

I had to apologize to Ash. And I had to tell him the truth about the accident his mom got into, because I still loved him. A lot.

Ok, I know everyone's confused about this chapter screw-up, but I'll try to clear things up for you. The chapter that says chapter 22, is actually chapter 22, and this is part 2 of that chapter. I know that there are 2 chapter 13's, 14's, 15's, 16's, & 17's. One is right, the other are actually chapters 19-21. But chapter 18 is correct. Hopefully you can all figure it out and go to Quizilla.com to help you if you can't! :)

lol thanx, and cole changes a lot throughout the story. i'm sure it will make more sense once you finish this book lol :)

feartheuntypical GOLD, Nelson, Other

A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.
- Thomas Mann

I accidentally started reading the second book before this one and Cole is really nice. Why is he acting like a jerk now? Btw your a great writer!

lol i get that a lot & yeah i'm a fan :)

thisisascreenname BRONZE, Sugarloaf, California
Wow. this girl has some serious issues. n e ways im noticing lots of things similar to twilight here. i can tell ur a fan. me too.

lol i can't argue with that :)

on Feb. 26 2010 at 9:12 am
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
This girl is an absolute mess....

kpayy5 PLATINUM, Nantucket, Massachusetts
I really liked (especially at the end of the chapter) how you incorporated David Archuleta's music. I noticed that in the beginning, too. I love David Archuleta, as well : ) good job! i'm enjoying this whole story very much

SaraRoxsHerSox SILVER, McVeytown, Pennsylvania

"Brochacho!"

hehe Thank you, Evalynne! Cole is a JERK