A Cold Night | Teen Ink

A Cold Night

By Kylie13 BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona
Kylie13 BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Where you see risks, I see opportunity.

I was in my room looking at my clock, waiting for it to read 11:30PM. 11:15PM my phone buzzed.

Adam: I’m almost there. Are you sure you wanna sneak out? I don’t like you doing this you know….
Me: I never asked for you opinion, I just want and need to be with you. Or can I not?
Adam: I’m here.

I poke my head through my door to see if anyone might have been up. So far so good. I set my pillows under the sheets of my bed to make it look as if I was sleeping. I don’t like to brag but it looked really good. I creped back to my door. Slowly I opened the door and a loud squeak came from the hinges. I shut my eyes really hard. All fell quiet again. Then my dads snoring picked back up instantly. I was so relived. I turned off my lights and shut my door a little faster this time. Next I went to the bathroom to flush the toilet, to cover the sound of the glass door I was just to slide open to get out. I practically ran down the stairs, almost dieing, I didn’t have a chance to grab my jacket, I just went straight for the door. I unlocked the door, quietly as possible, then right as I was out, shut it immediately, took a deep breath and looked behind me to see if anybody seen anything or watched. I was in the clear I though and smiled. I started to walk the back gate, pulled the lever, and never looked back. Once on the driveway I looked around and the only light that was provided was by the street lights on the corners. Then a car’s lights flickered on and off in less then a second. One name popped in my head. Adam. I jogged to the car holding myself, mad at myself that I didn’t bring my jacket and on top of that I was wearing a thin t-shirt. In the driver seat he opened the door for me. I flopped myself in the passenger seat and let out a long sigh of relief. After, I turned to look at him and he had a huge grin on his face.
“Your cold, take my jacket until the air picks up,” he said while taking it off and handing me it. He was just wearing a plain white-T, but looked amazing, just something about him I didn’t know how to explain.
“Thanks.” Wow. That’s all I could come up with. Thanks? I am such a weirdo. “Anything for you,” he smiled. I couldn’t help but smile back and when I did the butterflies started to have war in my stomach, bouncing all around the sides making my tummy go crazy. Then his stare became to much for me and I had to pull away and blushed instantly. He chuckled and let his foot off the break petal making the car move forward. Just me and him now, no going back.
“Why do you laugh at me?! It just makes me more nervous and embarrassed as it is…..” I looked down at my hands, which were tangled with each other. After about 5 minutes in silence he sighed and said, “That’s a really good question. But why do you always get nervous and embarrassed around me?”
The light turned red. I felt his stare on me. I couldn’t believe he just asked me that, its only oblivious, I thought at least. The light turned green quicker then usual, he just pulled into this meadow, and shut off the engine.
“You gonna answer my question stranger?” I heard a smile in his voice. Finally I met his eyes, “I’m shy and will be for awhile, that’s just how I am. Take me or leave me.” I challenged. His smile got bigger.
“Well your never like this over text, it surprises me.”
“I told you it will take time but I can see you have no patients. So I’ll just be on my way,” I reached of the car door handle. Instantly he clicked the lock button and all the doors locked in sync. I smiled to myself knowing that I won.
“You didn’t let me finish!” I looked at him waiting. He leaned forward and kissed me. My heart rate increased so rapidly he pulled away quickly and asked, “Are you alright, something happen, did I do something?!” He became alarmed and serious. I laughed and said, “You took my breath away.” He fell back in his seat and stared up at the car ceiling.
“As do you with me.” He sounded surprised. I unlocked the door, got out of the car slowly, and shut the door behind me. Looked around, it was so beautiful, the sky was lit by the moon and stars, which reflected off the mountains in front of me. I was amazing. My mouth hung open like a moron. Then I grabbed myself as a cool breeze hit me. I forgot that I had left his jacket on the passenger seat. I didn’t bother to go get it. I barely could walk, my head was still dizzy, and my whole body was shaking. ( From either the cold or kiss, but no idea which.) I found an open patch that was perfectly lined up with the mountains and moon. I sat down as gracefully as I could. Which looked like how a two year old sat down. Just basically fell flat on my butt. I sat there for a good ten minutes just marveling and admiring the wonderful landscape. Adam came behind me and covered me up with a blanket. Then sat right next to me, just looking at the setting as I was doing. I noticed that he didn’t grab his jacket, he was still in his t-shirt, and some basketball shorts.
So I ask, “Aren’t you cold?”
“Eh. I’m alright.” I looked at his arms and he had goose bumps. I got closer to him and covered him with the blanket as well, we just laid down and cuddled with each other. Then once we were close as could be and comfortable I said, “Your such a terrible liar.” I smiled.
“I know,” he said simply. He hugged me tighter. “What can I say, blame the heart.” I looked up at him to where my face was just about over his. This time something pulled me to him. I kissed him this time. My heart overreacted but he didn’t pull away this time. Slowly and smoothly he maneuvered his way on top of me. Then I had to break away for air. He just went straight for my neck and started kissing it all over. I was so embarrassed of how loud and out of control my breathing became. Adam froze. I’m guessing from my breathing but instead he says, “I’m sorry that was so uncalled for. I promise that I will control myself next time. Wow. I didn’t mean to though.” I didn’t say anything for awhile just laid there trying to catch my breath and soaking it all in.
“Your mad at me aren’t you? Please tell the truth.” I pulled myself over him. He looked away, like he was waiting for me to yell at him. I smile, “Next time huh?” He looked back up and started to laugh. Then he gave me a quick but sweet kiss on my forehead. I frowned. He sighed, “Let’s take it easy there tiger.” Then pulled me into his arms. My head rested on his chest and he took a deep breath.
“We came here for a reason remember?” I shut my eyes remembering my dream. “Kylie?” He asked. I hugged him tighter, “You don’t have to tell me right now we can always do this another time, there will be other times you know,” he smiled. “
I was dreaming. Walking to the park, I was going to see you. It was very late making it dark out of course. I sat on the swings, over 15 minutes go by and you never showed. I was just about to give up and walk home and then……. Someone grabbed me from behind.” His arms tensed. “After that everything went black. I woke up still in my dream. I was really cold and I hurt all over. I was wrapped in a towel and I had bruises everywhere, I…… I……. I was just so scared. I didn’t know what to do.” I stared to cry.
“No one is going to hurt you, I wont let them, I’m here, I’ll always be here, it was just a dream, your alright.” He comforted. He looked at me, his face told it all.
“Thank you, I really need you.” I half smiled. His eyes shut, then his forehead touched mine, his eyes still closed, “Kylie, I……”

My dream.

Mojo4133 BRONZE, Tropy Club, Texas

“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”
-James Hetfield

I totally agree! I loved it to! Keep writing!

MhsAnonymous SILVER, Morristown, New Jersey

Life is like a dream. Its perfect until you wake up into reality.

i love this. Please keep writing! <3

CJbutterfly SILVER, Chattahoochee, Florida

\"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game\"

AWWWWWWWWWW... That was so sweet. i loved it... The whole time i imagined my ex...

but one question though... how did she get hurt? Did he hurt her?