His Heart Part 4 | Teen Ink

His Heart Part 4

By Victoria_Luz PLATINUM, Niantic, Connecticut
Victoria_Luz PLATINUM, Niantic, Connecticut

“You little-” he started towards me, murder in his eyes. But I was in my element, I could have fought him. And with the trees, maybe have won. But how could I hurt him again? I was the most awful kind of creature for doing it once.
So I hid. In a tree. I let my entire body just sink into a large tree, letting it cocoon me. With my other ‘sight’ I could see him. I heard his roar of fury and I saw him lunge at the tree, but with me and the tree’s energy combined, it did little.
He kept bleeding. Alaster looked down at the knife, no he glared at it. He ripped it out of his chest. I cried out at the blood soaked blade.
“This blade,” he hardly sounded human, “It was the hags wasn’t it?” and I could feel his eyes staring at me, even through the tree. “They’ve played you girl.” He spat, but he sounded weak, drained. He leaned drunkenly against the tree behind him. “DAMMIT!” he roared, and flung the knife at the tree I was in.
“And who would have thought that it would be the sweet Karmiti to do this,” he showed me his hand covered it blood. I blanched, a whimper escaping my lips. He sunk to his knees, then sat his back against the tree. Gods, I wanted so badly to go to him. To help him!
“Well you’ve succeeded, you little freak. I can’t keep the barriers up.” He jeered. And I could feel the emptiness in the forest. The barrier was down. I was free. But I couldn’t move. What about the hags?
“Alaster” came a voice. I looked to the side to see four beautiful women, but their auras were a muddied blackish green. “So did you kill the little twit?”
“Karmiti, get out here. Now.” His voice was steady, but severe. I hurriedly stepped out of the tree.
“Well she really is a little freak.” Snapped one of the women. But somehow I knew them.
“It’s the hags.” Alaster said. My eyes widened considerably. I looked closer at the beautiful women. They all had long, lush blond hair and curvy slim figures. They were all the classical type of beauty. But their clothes were tattered and worn. But their eyes,
“By the Gods.” I gasped. They started to cackle. “Janice, you’re alright.” I said, relieved. Their cackle turned to hoots of laughter. I looked at them confused.
“They played you. Janice was never even hurt.” Alaster snapped, but he sounded so weak.
“They what?” I felt empty and so confused.
“I was never hurt you idiot.” Janice sneered. I had never heard her use anything but a monotone before. Her voice grated against my already frayed edges. “I knew you would be pushed into action if you thought I was hurt.”
“We were immortal, you naïve girl. And we’re not weak little forest sprites that kill themselves because their heart hurts.” I suppose it was Maureen that said this. They all started to laugh. My blood started to boil in my veins.

“Don’t look so upset, you’re free as well.” Nerina, I’d know that voice. I stalked over to them.
“I do not like to be tricked.” I hissed. They just laughed at that. I took a deep breath and swallowed my anger. “Fine, you’re free. Now leave.” They smiled but then walked over to Alaster.
“You hear that? We are free!” Janice punctuated her sentence by jabbing her shoe into Alaster’s chest. He let out a groan of pain. And that did it. The roots of the trees shot out of the ground shielding Alaster.
“Leave him alone.” I growled. All eyes turned to me shocked, even Alaster’s.
“We will do what we-” she was cut off by another root wrapped around her and lifting her from the ground.
“Leave” my voice came out as a hiss. I released her and they glared at me. Then glanced at Alaster. But started away. ‘Freak’ was whispered a few times. I turned back to Alaster.
“Impressive” he mocked. As my blood cooled down, tears started to pool in my eyes. Blood was all over his chest, his face was deadly pale, more so than usual. And he looked so weak. “What are you waiting for? Go! Run!” he snapped. But I couldn’t move. And I think I knew from the beginning what I would do next. I went to him. I knelt at his side.
“I’m so sorry.” I whimpered, the tears falling down my face.
“Stop that damn crying and go.” He growled. I just shook my head and threw my arms around his neck.
“Take it.” I whispered. “Take my blood.” He just looked at me shocked.
“You do realize this is your only chance to escape. You will not be given another.” His voice was low. I nodded. “You’re sure?” he asked, strained.
“I don’t want you to die.” And with that his fangs sank deep into my neck. There was pain. It shot threw my veins and set me afire from the inside. He drank long and deep. When he finally pulled away he looked completely fine. I was not so lucky. I fell weakly onto his lap. My breathing labored.
“You’re an idiot.” He said almost softly. I just chuckled,
“Yeah” I smiled wanly, my eyelids felt too heavy.
“What makes you so sure I won’t just take your soul now?” he asked.
“Because, I trust you.” I mumbled, too tired. Alaster looked down at me with his pale blue eyes. Gently, his arms curled under me and brought me to his chest. He just held me there until I felt too weak and drifted into sleep.

Next part! I know it's short, it's hard to find things that are under 10,000 characters! I hate chopping up the story like this. And how there's no tab key.

teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

You are now my favorite writer. Even more so than Ellen Dugan. PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE write more stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathryn2010 said...
Mad Kari scares me lol! I think the chapters keep getting better and better!!!!

Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate all your comments :)

OMG!!!! You have such wonderful writing talent!!! Please finish this!!!

on Dec. 31 2009 at 11:44 am
Thank you soooo much!!! The rest is on http ://inkpop .com /projects/6497/cuore/
if u don't feel like waiting :)

Mitchell SILVER, Roebuck, South Carolina

-Speak what you think now in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict everything you said today.

I LOVE THIS Please keep writing more to this and continue the rest!