EC+AM=4ever Chapter 14 | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 14

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

3:00 p.m.
The Park

I finally reached the park, willing myself to just go up to the tree without crying or getting all emotional. I had to scratch out the carving Ash had put there. But as I approached the tree, I saw that I wasn't alone.

Ash and Julianne were sitting under the tree, our tree, kissing. Right next to the carving declaring that Ash and I would be together forever. That was a pretty useless carving.

I stopped in my tracks, coming to a complete halt. I felt tears coming to my eyes, but I would not allow myself to cry infront of Ash and Julianne. Sensing my presence, they both looked up at me.

"Hi Evalynne," Julianne said.

I couldn't speak, I couldn't move. I was frozen in place. I just couldn't believe that Ash was heartless enough to do this.

"Are you ok?" Julianne asked, laughing lightly at my dumbfounded expression.

I fought back the vomit that was rising in my throat. "I'm fine." I choked out, my voice cracking.

"Well it sure doesn't seem that way." Julianne scoffed. "I'm sensing some jealousy." She smirked and Ash sat there in silence.

I felt my cheeks burn as they turned beet red. I couldn't hold back my tears any longer, so I turned around and I ran. I sprinted down the sidewalk as fast as I could until I reached my house. When I walked inside, I collapsed to ground, sobbing and whimpering.

I didn't know how long I had been sitting on the floor, leaning against my front door, crying my eyes out. But once the tears stopped, I stood up and picked up my cell phone. Then I dialed in Kristy's number.

"Hey, Evalynne," she answered.

"Meet me at Sadie's." I told her, my voice still shaky.

"Ok, I'll be there in five." We both hung up and I walked out the door, getting into my car. I just couldn't control myself. I was still in love with Ash, yet I hated him at the same time.

When I arrived at Sadie's, I got out of the car and found a table. Kristy hadn't arrived yet. I knew that I must have looked completely dishevled. My face was probably red and blotchy from all of the crying. And my hair was most likely a frizzy mess.

"Hi," Kristy said, walking up to my table.

"Hi," I replied.

She sat down across from me and asked, "What happened?"

"I went to the tree, our tree. I was going to scratch out the carving Ash put there, but when I got there..." I couldn't even finish my sentence. I took a deep breath and urged myself to continue. "When I got there, I saw Ash and Julianne kissing under the tree."

I could tell by the look on her face that she was angry at Ash for being so careless. "That uncaring, spiteful jerk," she said to herself. "You know what this means, right?"

"That my life is completely destroyed?" I suggested flatly.

"No, it means that we have to make him extremely jealous now! It means that you need to look absolutely amazing while you're fake-dating Cole. And it also means that you have to make him believe that you really, really like Cole."

"Kristy, I don't know about this. Wouldn't it just be stooping down to his level?" I asked.

"No, not neccasarily," she replied. "It'll only be for a week. And besides, he deserves this, Evalynne."

"Yeah, I know." I sighed. "I just can't believe that-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence when someone walked into the restaurant. And that someone was Ms. Mongolia, Ash's mom, The Queen of Mean.

She must have spotted me too, because her eyes met mine. And to my surprise she smirked and approached Kristy and I.

"Evalynne, what a surprise," she said. "And who's your friend?"

"Um, this is Kristy." I replied.

Kristy looked over at me quizically and then she realized who this was. Her eyes went wide, "You must be Mrs. Mongolia." I held back a stifle of laughter, knowing she called her Mrs. on purpose.

Ms. Mongolia must have known it too, because she replied by saying, "Actually Kristy, it's Ms. Mongolia. Although, I'm not sure why I'm telling you this since you obviously already know."

"I don't know what you're talking about Ms. Mongolia." She smiled sweetly and I bit my tongue, knowing that if I didn't, I was sure to laugh.

Ms. Mongolia matched her smile and said, "Mind if I sit down?"

"Not at all," I replied. So she took a seat in between Kristy and I and then turned her head to face me.

"Evalynne, I'm so sorry about your break-up with Ash. But I assure you that he's perfectly happy with his new girlfriend, Julianne." Ms. Mongolia told me with fake kindness.

Kristy's eyebrows raised, shocked by how inconsiderate Ash's mother was. "Oh that's ok. And no effense, but Ash is extremely rude anyways. Gee, I wonder where he gets it from." I retorted.

Kristy covered her mouth to keep from giggling at my diss and I gave Ms. Mongolia a fake-sweet smile. "You think that's clever, brat?" she snapped. "Well dumping you was the smartest Ash has ever done. Because you're a worthless disgrace."

My mouth dropped open, forming the shape of an O, and Kristy's did the same. Then Ms. Mongolia stood up and stormed out of the restaurant. "I can't believe she just said that to you." Kristy commented.

"Neither can I." I replied. I sat there for a moment, still in complete shock. There was no way I could let her get away with talking to me like that. I didn't care if she was Ash' mom or not. I would get my revenge.

"I know that face." Kristy said to me. "You have a plan, don't you?"

I nodded, "Let's just say that The Queen of Mean is going to get a taste of her own medicine."

Kristy grinned. "So what's the plan?"

Dear Diary,

Today, The Queen of Mean pushed me too far. She called me a worthless disgrace! How rude is she?!? Well I have a plan. A plan for revenge.

Tomorrow, at 11:00 a.m., Kristy, Cole and I are going to sneak into the Mongolia's house and play a not-so-small, yet harmless prank on the Mongolia's.
Kristy already sent a fake text from "Julianne" to Ash, telling him to meet her at Sadie's tomorrow for lunch at 11:00. She also sent one to Julianne from "Ash".

And since Ms. Mongolia doesn't get off of work until two-thirty, we'll have tons of time to set up for our prank. This is going to be awesome!

I heard the front door of my house open and then shut and I knew my parents had just gotten home. So I closed my diary and walked downstairs. "Hi Mom, hi Dad," I greeted them.

"Hi, honey, how was your day?" Mom asked me.

"It was fine," I replied.

"Good," she said.

"Do you mind if I go to the mall with Kristy? We'll just eat there." I told her.

"Sure, go ahead." She smiled at me and I walked out the front door. Then I drove to Kristy's house to pick her up.

"Hey," I said when she go into my car.

"Hey," she replied. I began driving towards the mall. We were going to get all of the supplies that we needed for our prank. I was so excited about this, because I knew how perfect it would turn out.

We got to the mall and stepped out of my car. "Ok, so what do we need?" Kristy asked me.

"Confetti, plastic cups, duct tape, bird seeds, a stapler, and blue dye." I listed off all of the materials needed for this prank. It was pretty much a bunch of small pranks mixed together, making one big one.

"Ok and how much of that stuff do we actually need to buy here?"

"The confetti, bird seeds, and blue dye." I replied.

"Ok, let's go."

First, we headed to the party store to pick up some confetti. After that, we picked up some Manic Panic blue dye from this family-run hair salon that also sold hair products. And lastly, we went to ACE Hardware and got some birdseeds.

When we had all of the items needed, we headed over to the food court for some dinner. "Where should we go to eat?" Kristy asked.

"I don't know. How about Panda Express?" I suggested, knowing that we both loved their orange chicken.

"Sounds good to me," she agreed. So we got in line to order and then took our trays of steaming hot food over to a table and sat down.

"This is going to be so awesome." I said in between bites of orange chicken.

"I know! I can't wait!" Then she looked over at me, "And you're aboslutely positive that they always have their windows open?"

"Yes, I'm sure of it." I assured her.

"Ok, good, because I want to be able to hear Ms. Mongolia scream when this happens."

"Don't worry, we'll be able to hear every second of it."

We finished up our meals and then I dropped Kristy off at her house. After that, I went to my own house and headed upstairs to go to bed. Today had been a long day and I was beyond tired.

Plus I needed to rest up for tomorrow. Revenge sure was sweet.

Evalynne, you know better than to get revenge on people you hate! Then again, maybe you don't...

kkayla3897 BRONZE, Ogden, Utah

REVENGE!!! I wouldn't have waited patiently. I would have gone all NINJA on the Queen of Mean.

What's their freaking deal anyway? Why do they have to be such jerks?

Addiekins said...
Addiekins, Ukiah, California

Are you there? I cannot hear what you say in response. Or maybe the silence is just you listening

Yes! I am quite a spiteful person myself and i HATE when someone lets someone else just step all over them! They are gonna get it. I have no idea what pranks you are planning on having them prank but its going to be great! i can just tell. MRS. Magnolia deserves it so bad. I feel bad that Ash is probably just torn up inside and wants to hurt her back. I dont think he really feels anything for the witch.

soccachica said...
I LOVE panda express, especially their Orange Chicken! Haha that line made me happy

on Feb. 3 2010 at 11:27 am
SaraRoxsHerSox SILVER, McVeytown, Pennsylvania

"Brochacho!"

hehe I can't wait to see what happens!