Why Do I Always Go Down?-Part 2 | Teen Ink

Why Do I Always Go Down?-Part 2

By WWDWD SILVER, Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
WWDWD SILVER, Glenshaw, Pennsylvania

Dream like you'll live forever; live like you'll die today.

After I reached the top of the hill, I looked to my left and right. There was a street sign that read "Linley Lane". I thought that was convienent. Remembering the address (415), I started to jog towards the sign.

A loud Mustang flew by me, and my long black hair whipped around my face. I coughed as the wind continued to blow, and I could feel my hands start to numb up.

I ran a little faster until I reached the first house on Linley Lane. My dark green eyes darted from place to place, and I started to realize that this neighborhood was empty.

Not a single drive-way had a car, not a single window held light, and not a single front lawn was decorated with little faux ceramic gnomes. My mind started to buzz with confusion when my sharp eye-sight picked up the numbers 415.

But they weren't a house number. They were spray-painted onto the road with an arrow pointing to a random spot in the grass. But, there was a two floor brick house a little to the left of the arrow. I smiled. Clever.

I jogged up to the front door, and saw that it was unlocked and slightly ajar. I assumed this was meant for me. I pushed the green door open the whole way and stepped into a hall.

It was creepy. No lights were on and there was not a single decoration or piece of furniture. The walls were off white and the floor was a red shag carpet. I stepped forward, and was greeted by the creaking of what I assumed was ancient hardwood flooring underneath all the carpeting.

I paused, and made sure nothing was going to jump out at me. I waited before going forward. I reached the kitchen, which was just as barren as the hallway. The only things were an old fridge, a black dishwasher and a stainless steel microwave that was sitting on the countertop. Nothing matched, and it was funny.

"G!" I called out. My voice reverberated off the walls and met my ears again. I could hear an echo.

A thud sounded right above my head. I jumped and waited for something to oome crashing down on me. But, nothing did. Another thud was made off to the right of me, where a door was.

The door cracked, and a calloused hand popped out. A red-clothed arm was soon to follow, and then a torso and jeans. Soon came a head and the other half of the person's body.

It was a man. He was about 6' 2". He had sandy blond hair and a piercing blue gaze. His nose was slightly crooked, as if it had been broken before. He had a crooked grin, and it made me smile.

What made me cock my eyebrows was the fact that he had his hands behind his head, as if I was going to arrest him. He smiled back and proceeded to explain.

"Just wanted to make sure you didn't have a weapon this time," he said. His voice was gravelly and deep, but it suited him.

"And why would I have a weapon?" I asked. I went through my barren mind to see if I could find any memories of me with a weapon, but there were none. My memory was about as far back as when I woke up this morning.

"You've came to the house armed before..." He smiled and wrapped his arm around me. I felt safe leaning against his right side. But, I didn't remember who he was. I actually didn't even remember who I was.

"I don't know who I am," I said. The words were sort of funny, and it made me giggle.

"Ah, this side of you. The one that laughs at everything," G said, smiling. I looked at him, stunned.

"Well, first off, your name is Alexandra, but I call you Alex. You are about 5'8" and 120 pounds. You are 22 years young, and I am your boyfriend. Every evening, you run off, do something in the woods, that of which I don't know, and then you wake up in that ravine, mysteriously without your memory." He smiled and I gasped.

on Feb. 3 2012 at 11:03 am
UnspokenWords21 SILVER, Shelbyville, Illinois

Giving up doesn't mean you're weak...it means you are strong enough to let go...

Please keep going with this story!!!

bayleem GOLD said...
bayleem GOLD, Yarmouth, Maine

"Best Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.”

if she is doing something he doesn't know how does he know to get to you AND if it's a ravine HOW would he get down there to  give her the cloths AND why wouldn't he just take her???

It's a little random.. 

PaRaNoRmAl627 GOLD, Mountainside, New Jersey

"Do what you want. If it's something you'll regret in the morning, sleep late."

i think he's a liar. aahhh dont listen to himm!

Pia_HainzCiavelli SILVER, St.James, Other

Such is liife :)

wow ....not what i expected .....

Woahalliee BRONZE, Kissimmee, Florida

"The greatest thing you will ever learn is to love and be loved in return" - Moulin Rouge!

More! This is already great!

ohmygosh! this is absolutally amazing! i need more!

The_Squirrel GOLD, Port Alberni, Other

I will because I can, I can because I want to, I want to becasue you said I couldn't.

migoodenss I love this so much. Please, could you write what she does everynight? It sort of reminds me of 50 First Dates.

AsherJ SILVER said...
AsherJ SILVER, Parker, Colorado

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
~Dr. Seuss

This is really interesting. Is there more to the story??

Kat2292 BRONZE said...
Kat2292 BRONZE, Canfield, Ohio

"If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0." ~Mark
"Life's like a novel with the end ripped out." ~Rascal Flatts

Surprisingly enough, I really enjoy this story! It's really creepy but in a good way; it's very suspenseful! I really hope you finish this one to publish it! Great job :)

andreacatalina, Bloomfield, New Jersey

\"How can you forget someone, who gave you so much to remember. ♥ \"

wow , that was tremendously amazing. Great story!!!

OMG!!!i agree with everone i want more this is really good!!!!!!!!!!:)

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

I agree completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've addicted me to this story!!!!!!  i need more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i need to stop using so many exclamation point-- i think you get my point: I'm dying to know what happens!!!! )(oh there i go again with the exclamations!)

-V. :)

JustWriting BRONZE, Sao Paulo, Other
Oh my god.

Amazing. Honestly? Best thing i've read here so far, i NEEED more! Keep writing, you can go far ;D

SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington

"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

AHEM!! I am dying to read the rest of this!!

MarinaOreo GOLD, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

"Your soul is the whole world" -Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

write more!!! (I love it!!) :)

on Dec. 4 2009 at 11:20 am
xXlost_pirateXx BRONZE, Bridgton, Maine

Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars points of light and reason... and then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.

I love what you are doing with your story! Are you planning on writing more or are you leaving us at a cliff hanger ending?

jatz318 SILVER said...
on Nov. 12 2009 at 8:54 am
jatz318 SILVER, East Brunswick, New Jersey
You should write more to this. Its interesting and pretty well written. Continue the story...