EC+AM=4ever Chapter 6 | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 6

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

11:15 a.m.
Sadie's Pizza Parlor

"What?" I demanded.

"It's true, Ash killed his dad." Kristy said. Her voice told me that this wasn't a joke. She was serious.

"No, I don't believe you! No!" I shouted, receiving stares from the customers around us. But I didn't care. They could stare all they wanted. I just refused to believe that Ash was a killer.

"Evalynne, calm down." Kristy instructed.

"How can I calm down when you're telling me that Ash killed his dad?" I said, quieter this time. "I thought best friends never lied to each other."

"They don't and I'm not lying! He really did kill his dad!"

"But why?" I cried.

"Because his dad committed a crime. A big crime. His dad ran someone over by accident and then just left. A hit and run. And his wife, Lori, found out about it. She was going to turn him in, but he told her that if she did, he would kill her. But she didn't believe he would actually do that, so she went to go turn him in to the cops. But as she was walking out the front door, he grabbed a knife. He was actually going to kill her. But Ash walked in and just as he was about to stab Lori, Ash stabbed him."

"Oh my gosh." I said faintly. "That's why Ash blames himself for his mom's unhapiness. Because he killed his dad."

"Yeah, and I think that's what he meant when he said 'If you were still with dad you would be dead.'" Kristy added.

"You're right. This can't be happening. Ash is supposed to be perfect. I thought he was perfect."

"Yeah, well nobody's perfect. Not even Ash. I'm sorry,"

A single tears rolled down my cheek, and then another one, and another one. "I have to go." I stood up and stormed out of the restaurant.

This couldn't be happening. I was in love with Ash, he couldn't be a killer! But he was. He'd taken someone's life away from them. And not just anyone either, his own father.

When I got home I walked over to Ash's house and rang the doorbell. No one answered. I didn't see Ms. Mongolia's car in the driveway, so I knew she wasn't just telling Ash not to answer. Nobody was home.

So I walked back over to my own house and into my bedroom. Then I yanked my cell phone out of my pocket and typed in a text through trembling fingers.

I know wut u did to ur dad. Y did u lie to me?

I pressed send and put my phone down on my bedside table. Then I cried. I just sat in my bed and cried. After half an hour of of sitting in my bed, sobbing, trembling, and waiting for Ash to text back, I finally stood up.

I couldn't waste my summer depressing over Ash.

So I let out a deep sigh and then trudged downstairs. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. Not much was on, so I settled for a rerun of America's Next Top Model.

But I just couldn't pay attention to the wanna-be models on the TV screen. I couldn't stop thinking about Ash. I could just picture it in my head: Ms. Mongolia standing by the door, a shadowy figure about to stab her, and Ash sneaking up behind him and killing him.

I shuttered at the thought, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake the thought from my mind. It kept replaying over and over again.

The sound of the doorbell interupted my thoughts and I got up to answer the door. I opened it up and there stood The Queen of Mean.

"What do you know?" she demanded.

"What?" I asked, confused.

She held Ash's cell phone in front of my face. And on the screen was the text I had just sent him. "What do you know?" she repeated.

I couldn't believe this. Ms. Mongolia, The Queen of Mean, had read my text. The one that I'd sent to Ash, not her! I decided that I wasn't going to get yelled at by her. I would stand up for myself.

"I'm sorry, but that text was for Ash. Not you." Then I shut the door, but her hand stopped it, holding it open.

"Tell me what you know. Now." she comanded.

"Why should I listen you?" I asked her.

"Because I need to know. This isn't any of your business anyways."

"It is now, because Ash and I are dating." I remarked, knowing that this would make her angry. I was right.

She scowled as she said, "Not anymore. Ash is not allowed to see you. Ever again. So just forget about him."

"Just tell me one thing. Did Ash get caught for killing his dad? Are you like, hiding from the police?" I asked.

"No, the police know. And they claimed it to be self-defense. He didn't get in trouble for it. Now I need you to tell me something."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Tell me that you promise to stay away from my son." she said.

"Sorry, but I don't make promises that I can't keep." I retorted. Her face clouded over with fury. "Why do you want me to stay away from him anyways?"

"Well at first it was so that you didn't find out about what happened. And also because Ash is my son and I love him. And I don't want him to make the same mistake I did. I don't want him to choose the wrong person like I did. I'm just trying to protect him."

"So you don't think I'm the right person for Ash?" I demanded.

"No, I don't. So stay away from my son."

"And what if I don't?" I knew I was pushing it, but I didn't care.

Her eyes met mine, "You'll be sorry." Then she walked away.

I slammed the door behind her. I couldn't believe she did that! Gosh, she was such a witch! How could someone so cruel be the mother of someone so sweet. But then again, Ash lied to me, he killed someone. Maybe he wasn't as sweet as I thought.

But then again, maybe he was. Maybe he just saw his dad about to kill his mom and panicked. I couldn't relate to him at all about that, so I didn't know what it was like. I didn't know what I would do if my dad was about to kill my mom.

Dear Diary,

I feel like a child who's just been told Santa Claus isn't real. I thought Ash was different from everyone else. I thought he was flawless.

I just wish that none of that had ever happened. I just wish that Ash's dad had never committed that hit and run. I just wish that Ash was as perfect as I thought he was before I knew about any of this.

But it doesn't matter anymore. I was stupid for trusting him. I should have known that no one was that perfect.

"Evalynne, we're home!" Mom called out from the bottom of the staircase. I put my diary down and walked downstairs.

"What's wrong?" Dad asked, taking in my tear-streaked face.

"Ash lied to me." I said.

"About what?" Mom said.

"Nothing, it doesn't even matter." I lied.

"Are you sure?" she asked me with concern in her voice.

"Yeah, Mom, I'm fine." I wiped the tears away from my face with the back of my hand. But I knew I wasn't fine. Not at all.

Here's chapter 6! Surprised? Well that's only the first big twist!

Mojo4133 BRONZE, Tropy Club, Texas

“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”
-James Hetfield

I totally agree with u. It needs to slow down some. But other than that it really good. I already am a fan! =D

UniquelyCreativelyMe BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado
I am slowly becoming a fan! Your writtings are absolutley amazing! Though I honestly think that the relationship moved along a lil to quickly. The writting on the tree and the fast pace of it kinda pulls some of tha magic out so maybe slow it down some. One thing with writting your own stories is that you have all the time in the world but keep up the good work! You most definetly have talent! :)

bigdreamsbigheart PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan

\\\"When I stand before god I want to have no talent left so I can say,\\\"I used everything you gave me\\\"\\\"

This is good, and it kept me intrested, but I kept waiting for a twist on the ending. For Ash to come around or something but it never happened. I guess it could've used more umph, but it was pretty good. Good Job.

on Jun. 14 2010 at 5:53 am
this is good... but it's sorta unrealistic how kristy knows so much about ash killing his dad from just a few google searches. would they have all the gory details in newspapers and articles? I don't think so. otherwise, it's pretty good, good storyline. 3 starz

wow thanx so much! it's awesome to know that i actually have a biggest fan! lol i'm so glad u like it! :)

1iko1 GOLD said...
on Apr. 4 2010 at 10:47 am
1iko1 GOLD, Sebastopol, California

"Kill them with kindness."

Omg, I absolutely love you "books". You should honestly think about getting them published, I know that all my friends and I would definetly buy them! Keep up the good work! =) (I'm your like biggest fan!!!)

deardiary BRONZE, Saskatoon, Other

It is a truth universally acknowedged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. -Pride and Prejudice

wow, she's really honest with her parents.

ajparker BRONZE, Robinson, Texas

If its not noon yet don't bother waking me up! ;)

okay I was just trying to figure it out.

XD

Anjo! SILVER said...
Anjo! SILVER, Roseburg, Oregon
HAHAH! you are hilarious. Imma girl!!! I promise you im not a weird stocker posing as a girl if thats what you are thinking. lol. i just like saying dude. haha

ajparker BRONZE, Robinson, Texas

DUDE!!!! R U a girl or a guy???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

noelleism PLATINUM, Russellville, Alabama

I can not dwell on the past, and I will not live on what the future may hold, but yet take comfort and find perpose in the second yet to come.

WOW I'm glad she knows more about him before they started going out. Now she know's what he's capable of. :)

Thanx sooo much! And thanx to everyone for getting EC+AM=4ever Chapter 12 Part 2 all the way up to NUMBER ONE in the romance section on October 16th!!!!!! That meant so much to me!!!! You guys are all sooooooooo AWESOME!!!!!

Emily(: BRONZE said...
Emily(: BRONZE, Montclair, Virginia

love is giving someone the power to destroy you...but trusting them not to

ash=killer!!! geeeeez i didnt expect that!! great story im in love with it!

Thank you all so much! And I promise that I'm posting new chapters soon, but this website is taking SOOOOOOO LONG to upload them!!!

BeautifulSimplicity BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

We keep it light, until it's time to go dark. Then we go pitch black.

i like this chapter, but between the part where she os talking to ashes mother u couldn;t carried it a litlle longer but it was GREAT

Anjo! SILVER said...
Anjo! SILVER, Roseburg, Oregon
Dude. Good. i like this chapter. not as many exclamation points. and if they were there it was in a good point =]

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison

thats just really sad good job=(

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Oh my goodness! This is so...heart stopping!! Way to go!!